Nightwatch Optimus Prime in Allspark Power packaging images at BBTS.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deathx360, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Big Bad Toy Store has pre-orders up for some of the Allspark Power figures. They have Camshaft, Cliffjumper, Landmine, Stockade, and Nightwatch Optimus Prime. The figures are listed as arriving in December. If I'm not mistaken this is the first we've seen of Nightwatch Optimus Prime in the Allspark Power packaging. If not maybe a Mod could move this thread to the Toyark for others to pre-order the figures. The links are below.

Camshaft
    Cliffjumper
    Landmine
    Stockade
    Nightwatch Optimus Prime

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    That packaging is sexay.

*edit: NW Prime's coloring is a lot brighter than original pics implied...*

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Wow I really don't like the way that packaging looks.....

And is it just me or does this Nightwatch Prime look much more blue (damn baby blue >_>)?

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. He doesn't look all that bad in those colors. Stockade looks better in those pics too. I might get him :thumb .

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Relax all, those look like Hasbro stock photos. Which are done with hand-painted copies of the figure (a repainted production figure, if not the grey resin prototype). As usual with photos, paint will vary from plastic in apparant coloration, this will vary from the final product, and it's not hard for a photo to change how dark or light a color looks. :) 

6. Deathx360

News Credits:
    There seems to be a few differences in the Allspark Power version and the one released in the UK(?). There is a lot more of the lighter Allspark Power blue and some gold in place of some of the black. You can really see the difference in the two. Below is a link to the Nightwatch Optimus Prime gallery for the one released in the UK(?) so you can compare it to the one on the BBTS page. It is possible that they may be the same when released since these appear to be official Hasbro pictures which as we all know is never 100% accurate to the final release. I must say I really like the Allspark version with the gold more for some reason.

Nightwatch Optimus Prime Gallery

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I pre-ordered it because it'll be nice to have a prime in different colors that still looks like prime, without being a naked ultra magnus.

8. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Stockade appears to be very wide. And bulky. Not an Autobot to tangle with, but not one that will be gracing my shelves either.

Interesting to see that the Allspark Power line is starting this winter after all.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He's a Decepticon :thumb . One of the reasons that I'm interested in him, as my Decepticon army is lacking a bit :D 

10. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Bleh, doesn't help matters much regardless of his faction. My movie collection, even my TFs in general, are heavy on the Cons, and I don't need a seemingly subpar one like Stockade wasting space.

But he does get props for a normal head and a waist joint.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    No offense, but I doubt anyone is going to listen to you. I mean, I've tried to explain the difference between "Hasbro stock photos" and "production toy" every time someone claimed that "Hasbro changed the colors" when new stock photos popped up, and no-one ever listend to me. So why do you expect anyone to listen to you? :p 

In all seriousness, though, there are already photos of an officially-released-in-the-UK production version of NW Prime in the TFW gallery.

EDIT: The BBTS photos of the Deluxes look like those standard retouched prototype shots; but NW Prime looks like molded plastic with no obvious traces of major digital image editing. Especially since there's an in-package shot that sports the same colors. And yet it looks different than the UK release. Huge "WTF?" from me.

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I think its a variant to distinguish the UK version and the US version. The one we are getting primarily has bright blue and purple, where as the UK version has a toned down red on some areas. So the UK version has the old box, and muted red, and not as many bright blues, while the US version has bright blues, clear purple plastic, and no red.

13. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    The colours on the UK version I have here are indeed dark in comparison to that. All the pics of US NW OP (abbrev. ftw!) there are a lot brighter, including the in-package shot.

14. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Eh, I know it is only a difference in name really, but I would much rather this be Ultra Magnus.

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    But why would they want to distinguish between those versions? Especially when you consider that "UK" Nightwatch Prime came in US packaging.

16. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

What's to stop this bizarre-looking Nightwatch Optimus pictured from being the next red Powerlinx Thrust or slightly-different Armada Wheeljack? With the US production figure being identical to the current UK-exclusive Nightwatch?

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    My guess is to further promote the allspark battles(this one has brighter blue than the UK version), and possibly because they knew fans were getting tired of Ultra Magnus homages. Nightwatch UK looks a bit more like Ultra Magnus than the upcoming allspark battles version. Sure its a few touches and nods here and there, but maybe thats why it was done. Other than that I'm not completely sure why they did this. I'm leaning on the allspark battles reason though. Also, up until today, the only allspark power Leader figure was Desert Brawl, so maybe they wanted to even things out and give the autobots an allspark power leader.

18. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Except he doesn't come with a trailer that turns into armor, so he's not ultra magnus.

19. Deathx360

News Credits:
    I don't think it is that big of a surprise that the figures may end up looking a lot different. My guess would be that they changed the colors for the North America release to fit in the the Allspark Power line. The UK Nightwatch Optimus Prime doesn't have a lot of the Allspark blue so it really wouldn't fit in as well. I for one like the lighter look and hope that it is what we are getting.

20. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I like the "Allspark Power" variant a little better as well. The bright blue makes a great accent color.