Non-TF: Nightcrawler Repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nightwind, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I purchased this Wolverine and the X-Men: Nightcrawler figure because I've always been a bit of a fan of his character. When I opened the figure, I noticed that the paint apps on him were really sloppy and I didn't really like the blue that was used on his face and tail.

It may not look like it, but this guy has been completely repainted. I like the color scheme, but I wanted to clean up the paint and give Nightcrawler a nicer blue. I used a shiney black FolkArt acrylic paint for the costume and hair, Metallic Sapphire Blue FolkArt acrylic paint for the face and tail, Testor's Model Master Insignia Red acrylic for the costume, Model Master Yellow acrylic for the eyes and X, and finally Testor's Silver enamel for the hands and feet. I used Future Finish Floor wax to seal most of the figure. I used Model Master's flat clear coat for the main red part of the costume.

I've included the before pictures for people who may not be familiar with the figure as well as a pic beside the Logan figure that I just picked up last week for a scale reference.

I had fun with this guy and think that he looks a ton better than when I first removed him from his package!

As always comments and critique are welcome!

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I like the hue of the flesh tones you used. Nightcrawler is one of my fave X-men. :thumb 

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    WOW!