nightbeat and volfog how do they stack up

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 25, 2008.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people i got a question

is it just me or could one look at volfog character from gaogaigar as being a rather suitable counterpart to the autobot nightbeat?

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah you could say that. more or less they both serve the same kind of function but in a different capacity, Nightbeat is a kind of Autobot detective while Volfogg serves as GGG intel operative. both function requires gathering of information.

3. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I think it is a good idea.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I've tried to draw character comparisons between Volfogg and a TF counterpart before... but I don't really thing there is one that fits perfectly. Part of this is because the "Koga ninja" archetype that Volfogg belongs to is pretty common in Japan, but doesn't really translate perfectly.

If anything, I guess he would be the lone wolf "spymaster" type. Do the Autobots have a guy like that? Jazz is a counter intelligence agent, but that's about where the similarities end.

On a related note, has anyone noticed that the bio for Cybertron Excellion (repaint of Hotshot in Rodimus colours) fits Volfogg perfectly? I'm sure it's an homage of sorts, considering that the Hotshot mold is already ideal Volfogg kitbash-fodder. :) 

zmog

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

been giving this a bit of thought lately

imagine an else worlds story set in the earliest days of the pax cybertronia

a story set on earth that is itself a melding of the brave mythos and the transformers mythos

one in which each of the human built robot characters from the brave mythos exist on earth as members of a team in which each of them was created through a combination of advanced earth technology and cybertronian technology

one in which the transtector style human brave characters would also exist as well

in some part im taking a cue from super godmaster force

with the team existing as the first generation of gaurdians

their existing as the last line of defense with their sole purpose in life being to defend the earth and its people from any and all hostile threats of terrain, or alien origin

basicly people we humans were in some part given limited acces to cybertronian technology so that in studying it we could both enhance our own technology and also create these gaurdians who would themselves be the first generation of earth born cybertronian

now imagine what would happen if one of them were to become curiouse about the origins of said cybertronian technology

volfogg for example

with his character and some part of the team attempting to make a journey to cybertron so that they could learn all about their cyertronian heritage

throw in an encounter with the destrons as a surviving faction of the ancient decepticon militia with their having survived in the present day due to their having joined in a unholy alliance with the zonders to create the destronz

basicly the destronz would be an else worlds alternate take on the protoform technology

with the autobot elder turned maximal agent nightbeat covering the whole matter thing from the other side of events

i would think that he and volfogg would make for a rather suitable set of allies turned equal partners over time

now people i got a question

assuming it ever becomes possible in the legal sense

how would it go over if this elseworlds storyline was explored in the official sense as a 3 book storyline?