Nickelodeon, Kellogg Targets of Lawsuit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodimus Prime, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060118/ap_on_he_me/fat_kids_lawsuit

2. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Incredible.

It couldn't be this: "YOU DON'T RAISE YOUR CHILD RIGHT" could it? Oh no, not at all.

If you raised the child with love and care and actually taught them to defend themselves, they'd stand up to the bullies (it's a proven fact that kids eat from stress caused by bullies) they'd have self respect, and they'd take care of themselves.

Start with you, let them be kids, and let the chips fall where they may. Suing Viacom and Kellogg to pay you for not doing your job and having an objectionable mind toward these types of food is ridiculous.

Get a friggin' clue lady. Your kids are screwed up and getting fat because of you. Hell they've got your Genes. Probably caught "Mommy Gene Infinity".

Don't want your kids getting fat? Don't want them eating that shit? TELL THEM NO. Be the adult, be the parent, stand up to your child and tell them "No. This is good for you, this isn't. Deal with it. Because I said so and that's final."

Completly uncalled for. Consider yourself warned. - Boardwise

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Y'know...they had all that shit 20+ years ago, too. And guess what? My parents never bought me any fucking Smurfs, Pac-Man, C-3POs, etc., cereal. Whining about it sure as hell didn't accomplish anything. And yet, somehow I turned out alright...and skinny to boot.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat some Frosted Flakes, have a cigarette, play GTA:SA and then not sue anybody.

:rolleyes: 

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Amen. Couldn't have put it better myself.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She 'tries'? Sounds like she's not 'trying' hard enough. I mean, unless these kids have jobs and are buying their own food, she's the one who's actually purchasing the offending food items. Simple solution: Don't want your kids to eat junk food, then don't buy it. Nickelodeon and Kellogg's aren't forcing you to select these food products, run them through the cash register, transport them to your house and give them to your kids.

Basically, we've got three problems here:

(1) Some people are way, way too indulgent with their kids. Just because they want something doesn't mean they must have it.
    (2) Lack of personal responsibility. No one's responsible for their own decisions any more, especially if there's an entity with deep pockets that can be dragged into a frivolous lawsuit.
    (3) Lawyers. All they're after is the next big 'tobacco suit'; a set of cases that can go on virtually forever with massive amounts of legal fees.

6. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    "But if I don't buy Billy and Cindy what they want, they'll be mad at me and not love me and I'll be a terrible mother. I just can't live with that. The tv and cereal people are evil for making my kids want the unhealthy foods. Dear me, what am I ever going to do?"

7. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's it. I'm suing that mother for failing society by not teaching her children self control.

And if anybody doesen't like it, I'm suing them too.

Plus I'm suing Tfw2005 becasue I've not gotten used to the grey color scheme yet.

I'm also suing one of the other boards for NOT using grey.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

A fact that anti-anti-smokers (for lack of a better term) warned fervently about in the mid-'90s, only to be dismissed as nicotine-addled nutjobs. It's never been about public health, the kids, Medicare costs, etc., it's about the fucking money. Google former Texas AG Dan Morales for a fun bedtime story about such things.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Not to mention she's completely ignoring the fact that pretty much all childrens television now a days also has ads telling kids to eat healthy and exorcise. Most of which are actually made by said stations. I know for a fact Nicelodeon is heavilly into this stuff. Hell! They got an entire network devoted to sports and other activity based shows. No way in hell is she winning this one. At least against Nick.

10. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Typo much? 0_o

11. zell583

zell583 Powerpuff Z da wan!

News Credits:
    is it me or have modern parents just gone off the deep end?

12. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

Quoted for truth. I'm sick and tired seeing parents that don't seem to know how to raise kids and let the kid scream and whine constantly, only to end up giving them what they want but not what they need. Feed kids healthy and don't give them junk pure and simple. They don't have the money to get it themselves until they are older so quit blaming everyone else but yourselves.

13. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Problem is, you have to give them a little bit of junk every now and then. If you don't, they'll just eat nothing but when they can once they're older and pay for it themselves.

I watched many a classmate pull that shit.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Nickelodeon Fat-Free. Ok!
    Why don't they just pour sweet and Low into their eyes.

If Nick just showed spinach and cabbage commercials, kids would probably be repelled and go "WTF"
    "F this bullsh!t, I want some mothefu**ing chocolate milk! "

15. TSFC

TSFC Banned

And let the whole thing be filmed for the internet's laugh. :D 

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My solution to this is simple. Buy your kids healthy foods from supermarkets. If they kick up a stink, wail a lot and generally act like brats, beat them!

Simple solutions for simple minds! Wait... what?

17. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

That crackfiend Toucan Sam is the reason I'm overweight. It's all clear now. :rolleyes: 

18. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

:lol :lol :lol 

I know I'm not the only one who thinks it's hilarious that Viacom gets in trouble on both ends of the spectrum. First Stern and now Nickelodeon.

19. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

So the ads are somehow forcing her to go out and buy cereal and give it to her kids ? I guess I would sue too if they were excerising some kind of mind control on me.

TONY !!! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME ?!!!

Didn't they just make some kind of new "super healthy" cereal ? It's called Tony's Turbos or something.

20. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wow... My parents parented me. I wanted Sugar Coated Frosted Sugar Bombs, but they said no. So I didn't get my Sugar Coated Frosted Sugar Bombs. End of story.

I hope when the time comes and I have children, that I'll have a spine and the ability to tell them no.