Nice soundwave right?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Malach Ra, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-SOUNDWAVE-MISB-SEALED-AFA-blaster-mib_W0QQitemZ330091861175QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

first off, this thing isnt sealed, and the buyer is going to find that out as soon as he wins, the reason i know this is that i sold the sold the soundwave to the seller. its hard as hell to see but its double taped. thats the reason i didnt get it afa graded. so if anyone knows the buyer, try to let him know before he makes a huge mistake. because one has to wonder why something this nice isnt graded. I got the soundwave from the collectorstoystop on ebay awhile back(this guy is a major douche bag) and i let the seller know it was double taped because for some reason I cant cheat a fellow collector. but it seems now that he is try to screw someone over. lets try to help the buyer out. thanks guys.-damon

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    holy crap. the title says AFA, yet he mentions the crease, give his own rating, and doesn't mention AFA in the description anywhere at all. $1000?? hell no.

3. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

box looks fake

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    no it doesnt. the box is legit.

he also mentions Blaster in the auction title. heh.

5. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

It is AFA ready and it is not double taped...It has single tape on both sides and totally sealed. It is not yet AFA as obviously it is not in a fiberglass case...But no doubt that it is factory sealed. I do not advertise false info....

his response to me protesting it being AFA graded... perhaps he should clarify that its AFA READY in the title... he denies the double taping.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Funny he says that, with there being no "blaster" in his auction, but it's right there in the title.

7. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    that piece of shit.....i sold it to him. go to my ebay feedback page(1977norton) and you will find his feedback. i also sold him a blue microchange blaster. i also have some pics of the china, not euro, remake.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

boom,boom motherfucker-double taped.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    single taped
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

these were taken for him, so he knew what he was buying.

8. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    these are the questions from ebay:

Q: How can you play this off as being AFA graded... there is no AFA grade on this item, and the item is double taped! Which means its been opened before..
    Mar-02-07
    A: It is AFA ready and it is not double taped...It has single tape on both sides and totally sealed. It is not yet AFA as obviously it is not in a fiberglass case...But no doubt that it is factory sealed. I do not advertise false info....

Q: Hello, I just gotta ask...how firm are you on your price? How did you get your hands on soundwave? He looks great! Jeremy-
    Feb-27-07
    A: If you are thinking that I will bring the price down, I can't. I got this 1988 from a toy store an dI kept it since then...I have a lot ..but my price is firm since I already have offers for it. You know that the price of this toy will never go down, it is subject to go up.....I have Optimus, Tracks and Red Alert still but the prices are $1200, $799 and $699 respectively. Thanks for the interest but this are all MISB and Guaranteed to be factory sealed....

he also said he got it from a store in 1988.....bullshit, he got in 2006 from 1977norton.
    the seller will be getting an email from me as soon as the auction is won. but keep badgering this guy, he deserves every bit of it.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok a couple things here- the title is generally irrelevant to the auction. Extra words (blaster) are in there to increase views from other searches. AFA is only in the title, not the description, so he's not implying it's graded (though a glance would tell you that anyway). And giving his own grading- most ebay auctions do that anyway.

Now I'm not saying he's not a douche for the double tape bit, but the rest is totally normal ebay behavior.

10. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    i agree Orodruin,

introducing an upstanding ebayer, selling his prize piece he bought back in 1988 at a toy store..........
    ladies and gentlemen, introducing Richard Bag .......also known as Dick Bag.

sorry guys for ranting, but i hate me a thief and a liar.

11. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Are you sure the box is legit? It doesn't say the "Changes from cassette player to robot and back!" thing on top.

12. Mega-Zarak

Mega-Zarak Well-Known Member

It's an European Soundwave, made in China. It's a 4 language box. French, English, German(I'm not sure) and Spanish.