Nice going, Sam...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Axel990, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Anyone else a little bit disappointed with Sam in DOTM as he watched Wheeljack/Que be killed off?

Granted, there wasn't much he could do, but only when Bumblebee was about to be executed, Sam felt that he had to do something. You'd think he'd react a bit sooner since most of the Autobots were there and were going to be killed off one by one. I have this strange feeling that Sam would still sit there and do nothing if the Decepticons killed the rest of the 'Bots before getting to Bumblebee, only then deciding to take action.

What are your thoughts? Are you disappointed he'd didn't really care to see Wheeljack/Que be blown away?

2. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Hmmm . . .

Never really thought of it. I think it might've been because Wheeljack was surrounded by two or three Decepticons, whilst Bumblebee was singled out by Soundwave alone, I think. It's that or, he thought the Autobots were just being kept prisoners by Soundwave's crew, and didn't actually realise what was happening until Wheeljack had a hole in his torso.

3. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

Wheeljacks death confirmed that the decepticons were going to kill all of them, over just taking prisoners, and thus probably lit a fire under sam to actually try to save bumbleebee, being the next one to be executed.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is his friend. Que was just someone he knew. He felt bad yeah but he knew he couldn't do anything. Not with at least four Decepticons there. However he and Bumblebee share a strong bond, and when you see someone you care about in danger you can't help but try. If it meant saving his best friend he was willing to try had he been able.

5. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

That.

6. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    This

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sam Wiggitywhack is a jerk although i did hate Que a lot too but not as much as i do with Sam. Sam (and Michael Bay) Only care about two bots....Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. And that's it.

8. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    on one hand, sam has more of a bond with bee (first car, protecter, best friend), wheeljack is more of the crazy old man down the street to him. on the other hand, if it wasnt for wheeljack, starscream would have killed sam. he could have at least shown a little concern or have been a little proactive. maybe a "hey look over here!!!" distraction wouldve been nice. because with wheeljacks faulty divice (as usual) there wasnt much else he could do.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This. Believe me Sam would have done something to save Que if it was possible. As it is it was impossible to try to because of the Decpticons around armed to the teeth. Bumblebee would have understood it.

There was nothing Sam could've done at the moment.

10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Not going to touch on bay obviously, but I understood where Sam is at.

If I had to save my brother or significant other, someone close and dear to me, over someone I knew on a casual basis, I think it's pretty clear...I'm sorry casual guy, but you're probably not going to make it.

It's not that I'm a jerk or something, but I favor the people I have close, tight bonds with. It's only natural. People close to me are people whom a loss would be much more devastating than someone I knew on a casual level. Sam probably didn't think it was worth it for Que...Que was an ally but it wasn't like they were close friends. Bee is family to Sam. His first car, had his first girlfriend in it, went to college with him, saved the world, twice, and all that. It would make total, complete sense for Sam to try something facing the possibility of losing BB.

It isn't anything at all about Sam being a jerk. It's Sam just being human.

11. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

True, but Bumblebee has an annoying habit of being a character that people go out of their way to save at the cost of their own life, or being the only guy not to get killed. It can get frustrating. Especially if you don't particularly care for the character.

Thankfully they cut out the part where Skids gets killed taking a shot for him, and Mudflap gets killed buying him time to escape. Otherwise it would have been really frustrating.

Optimus at least, can generally take care of himself.

12. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

If I had been in Sam's place, I would have rushed out and distracted the cons, allowing the Autobots time to spread some shock and awe on Megatron's punk ass crowd.

13. mirage247

mirage247 Active Member

maybe he didnt know what the decepticons were going to do to him

14. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

actualy i doubt even sam knew wheeljack.

15. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Except when he gets caught in wires :>
    And then died.

Well, after Soundwave's, "No prisoners, only trophies" line, I think it was fairly obvious what they were going to do and even moreso after they seperated Wheeljack from the group.

He probably would've. Bumblebee probably would've introduced some of the new arrivals after ROTF/DOTM and Sam would've seen Wheeljack in that one trip of his to NEST, and then again after arriving in Chicago. Sam would've definitely known who Wheeljack was, and probably picked up that he was an inventor, but probably did not know him as well as say the original four bots who survived TF07.

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    No.

17. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Sam knew all of the Autobots in all the films, as he'd crossed paths with them a few times during the downtime years in the 5 year timespan of the films.

However he was only really friends with the original bots from the first film, and the twins as he got to know them much better than bots like Sideswipe, or Mirage or Wheeljack, who he only knew in passing.

You can see when he first enters the NEST base and he notices Ironhide and Ratchet there and pats them on their hoods, while Ratchet flashes his lights in response. Sideswipe and Mirage are totally ignored, because Sam doesn't really know them that well.