Nhl 10

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Wreckgar, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I didn't see a thread so sorry if there was one.

Well after last year's edition, I didn't think the best hockey game ever could get better, but it did. The major additions are the first person fighting and board play.

Fighting is a little weird. You hit the wrong button and your guy drops to the ice. But it's pretty good otherwise. You get hit and you see a flash/spots. And when you get KOed, you get woozy and fall to the ice slowly. Still pretty cool.

But the best thing is the board play. Definitely awesome and makes the game that much harder/better. You can't just automatically come out of the corner with the puck if you get there first. You actually have to fight and dig it out. And you can pin guys as well. Much more realistic to regular hockey.

But I've only played about an hour so far. Still a lot to do. But it looks like just simple yet great additions to the award winning game that was brought out last year.

Oh, and the Blackhawks come out to "Keys to the City" by Ministry, which is also the music in the background of the training exercises. Definite plus.

2. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Getting that as soon as I get some money. :D 
    Pretty excited about it, just about as excited as I am about my Hawks this year. :D 

Chuck

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Skipping it. Too similar to last years iteration.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I was going to skip it too. I try to only buy sports games every 3 years to avoid repetition. But the board play had me intrigued. And honestly, it does drastically change the game. No longer going into the boards gets you the puck or you get hit and lose it. There's actually jockeying involved.

Apparently Madden has a similar thing with fumbles this year.

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    One addition isn't really enough for me to buy the game. I didn't feel like it made much of a difference really. I felt like I was playing the same game I already owned. Maybe next year.

6. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

I try and go every other year with hockey games and since I didn't get one last year, I AM getting this one. No matter what my wife says.

Chuck