Nhl 08

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Wreckgar, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Hey, anyone else pick this up? I just got it yesterday and have to say that I'm pretty impressed.

I only get sports games every few years because honestly, not much changes. However, this time, it is quite different. The new Hybrid control is very nice once you get the shooting down. Makes shotting a heck of a lot easier.

My onyl disapointment, it didn't come out for the Wii.

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    That's the EA game, right? I downloaded the demo but wasn't all that impressed with the controller setup. It didn't feel very natural for some reason.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Grabbed it for the PC (yay for mods!) and using the 360 controller.

I am enjoying it quite a bit. I was planning on picking up 2k's, but I've read it's one big disappointment.

4. Wreckgar

Yea, the 2K series just didn't seem all that worth it this year. And since they added the AHL this time around, I was all for it.

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm downloading the demo right now, I have been looking at picking up 1 of each of the sports titles this year. This one could be the winner.

6. Wreckgar

I just enjoy it more and more. However, I'm not into the whole trading and such. I just love playing with my players as is. maybe I'll go further this time around due to dynasty.

I just wish I could figure out winning face-offs. It's a pain in the arse this time around

7. DevilzFan

Face-offs are easy. Just study the linesman who drops the puck, and you'll get the hang of it.

8. Wreckgar

Well I figured it out but there's still one thing that pisses me off. I of course play as the Sabres but they screwed up the goalie colors. The jersey is correct but the pads and mask are still the red and black from 2 years ago. However the jersey selection does not have the red and blck avaliable as an option. I wonder if they have a patch for this online.

9. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I bought NHL 08. Love it. Though I feel that the Dynasty has been dumbed down a little and the manual line changes coupled with the team tactics are a bit hectic.

10. DevilzFan

If you have the PC version, there will be team uniform mods and such soon enough.

11. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

NHL 08 for 360 has been a blast. I've been playing a lot of 3v3 over live and it's extremely fun. Also, creating plays is pretty cool as well. I created myself as a mid level AHLer and I've just been playing through my AHL team's schedule instead of playing with the Rangers. It's the first EA hockey game that rewards you for playing real hockey.

As for the PC version, if you have NHL 06 for pc, it's the same thing.