NH Transformers Holiday Yankee Swap-ticon Holiday Party!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by BigBadBoombox, Nov 23, 2009.

1. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

Hello all!,

BBB here Blasting at you from the heart of the Live free or Die state! We've had a great year, the Lakeside bash, the bonds we've formed, it would be a shame if we didn't get together for the Holidays!

So here's what I'm screaming, a good old fashioned TF themed Yankee Swap! This will make it fun for all, and a few less things for our families/significant others to pick up for us!

So here's the rules.

Contact me via pm to let me know if you are coming.

Location is Pelham NH. 36 woekel circle pelham nh 03076

Date: December 13th Time: 3pm-8pm
    Yankee swap rules: All gifts must be between say 20-30 dollars. all must be Transformers toys/merchandise. NO GIFT CARDS!...even the cool TF one's. If you're not savvy with yankee swaps, go hit up google. it's cutthroat and fun!

Other points: This get together will be a little less formal than the lake bash. I'll be picking up Cookies and Egg Nog, as well as making a BBB custom BBB cake!!! More culinary delights! But i'm leaving this one free form for you guys to bring stuff along. I'll be putting together a public google spreadsheet for those people coming to drop in what they'd like to bring.

As always, there is always the chance to offload or trade your current TF's, this time I won't be tracking it....so it'll have to be a surprise. Also, there will be the "normal" Shane-e-plex featured media Server Big Screen goodness, as well as Xbox.

So what are you waiting for?! Christmas? It'll be over by then....see you soon!

2. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oooh, this sounds like fun! However:

1) Does it have to be one item, or can you get stuff that totals to $20-30? If it's only one item, to me only Voyagers/exclusives fall into this category since I know next to nothing about other Transformers merchandise.

2) This would happen around the time of my finals. :lol  Right now I don't really know much about my finals other than they're happening around the 17th. I'll have to let you know within the first week of December whether or not I can make it. But if I do, I'll be staying the whole time this time. :D 

3) If I do end up coming (which I probably will despite whether or not I have finals to study for), if anyone else likes them I will bring Reeses christmas trees. :p 

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh yeah this sounds fun. I know I've got tons of good stuff I can bring for the yankee swap.

Right now put KSA and I down as attending. As for food, should we stick to more finger type foods or should we also think about an entree or two?

4. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, I will have to work on that day since it's a Saturday. :( 

To all who do get to go.... FUN for ALL!

5. BigBadBoombox

No Lupis?!....i'd be willing to switch to Sunday if it's better for you.

And Jesse, 20-30 in whatever size class combo you want...just make sure it's in a box all together, as we all know that you might not end up with what you first pick!

I just ordered my gift off of tfsource...so i'm trying to get a little rare with it, yet keeping within the rules I've set forth.

MM, yeah if anyone wants to bring entree's fine, but i'm keeping it mostly finger food

6. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

What? Don't make me edit your post boy!

I'd love to come to this one Shane, especially since I was thinking of throwing a get-together too! Thanks for saving me the trouble :)  I'll talk to the wife, I might be traveling stag this time. MM, you and KSA up for carpooling if Lizz can't make it?

7. Sharktibolt

News Credits:
    Okay, that might make it a little easier. And we don't all know, this is my first Yankee Swap, I had to look it up online. :p  Now what to buy, what to buy....

And dang, you're buying stuff online? Shucks, I'd do that if I could, it would make my gift a little more mysterious than just ROTF stuff. But my Mom does all the online buying stuff, and she'll keep anything I get for Christmas. :lol 

Would it be okay if I bring my custom? Whether it's done or not, I want to hear what you guys think about it, and if you have any tips since I'll definitely be doing more. :D 

8. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    Yeah that'd be awesome.

XJunky - If Liz can't make it, we can defiantly car pool over. How about you put the victory saber gift set in the Yankee swap :D 

Lupis - Boo-urns Boo-urns :p 

9. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Hah! Sure, so long as everyone is ok with upping the gift range to $700-$800, that's fine by me!

^Echo. Your ass better come now that we've moved it to Sunday.

10. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll bring my purty little tail. If it's on Sunday. I'll see about dragging Desi this time if he has the time off.. I have a feeling he might work since it's the evil retail season.

Soooo.... this means I have some shopping to do then. *WEG*

11. BigBadBoombox

Update, moved to Sunday for better NH/MA crew convenience.

12. BigBadBoombox

Oh and for those who forgot, this is also a waaaaayyy belated birthday party for me for my TF buds....so I guess i'm going to do a BBB cake then. I've already made the plans for it...might as well get one more radicons entry before x-mas

13. Sharktibolt

News Credits:
    Well, I just realized I never updated over whether I'm actually coming or not, so I just wanted to say I'm definitely coming. :thumb 

I might even be able to convince my mom to let be buy something online for this. :D 

EDIT: I was able to convince my mom to let me buy my gift online. :D 

14. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am definitely not going to miss this. It's gonna be tough though... All of us all ready have a lot of the current stuff out. It's the thought that counts really, so get good stuff bitches! :tongue: 

15. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    For you I'll pick out the best Universe 1.0 Deluxes I have from my sales thread :p 

...I would have said Armada, but I've sold all those :D 

16. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh, I picked up one item for the swap.. after several insane store trips.

Then bought something that just squeeked through the price range. I got something nice that people will want. :D 

Now if it just gets here on time.... ;) 

17. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    Just found something at Walmart tonight that I think people will like.

18. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh oh! I know! Evil space monkeys? Was it evil space monkeys in the engines?!?!?!

19. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I may have to make an appearance to this.....yessssss

20. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    BTW if anyone is interested in items from my sales thread, PM me and I'll put them on hold for you and bring them to the get together. There's a link in my sig

Unfortunately the ROTF Evil space monkey 4-pack hasn't hit yet. I think the street date was 1/15/10.