NFL 2017-2018 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bed Bugs, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    Todd Gurley got me 32.90 FF points tonight. One of the best you'll see all year. Of course, it COULD have been around 45 points if not for those (2) 49er goal line stands but after Brandon Marshall dicked me over the other night I'll take it.

2. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I actually thought the Rams were bound to get better by hiring an offensive mind like Sean McVay as coach. I'm going to be honest though, I didn't expect their offense to look this much better already. Granted they were playing San Francisco, but it's already leaps and bounds better than last year. Jared Goff even made some impressive throws, and Gurley got it going again (after he screwed me over on my fantasy team last year). If Seattle's o-line doesn't improve, and if they don't look as talented as we know they are, I would not be shocked if the Rams somehow stole the division with a one game lead or due to tiebreaker rules. Either all of this is true or a possibility, or I'm still just shocked that this game everyone joked about this morning turned into a shootout.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Yeah the Rams O looked much improved. And overall it was not a bad game to watch. Better than a lot of the other games we have been subjected to this season.

4. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Saw the highlights. The Offense is good, but that defense needs work.

5. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Niners got hosed on a phantom OPI call... but that's what happens to bad teams. They still look promising, though. They need to ditch those crappy, black uniforms. Either go all red or all gold. With a gold helmet, the black jerseys just don't look right.

EDIT: Sylent presents: YOU MAKE THE CALL!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  6. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Apparently ratings are continuing to fall.

Sports and patriotism are a good mix, but sports and politics will drive the fans away. Wake up and smell the stink, NFL. Get rid of Goodell too, please.

In addition, quit the damn upsell. I'm sick and tired of the constant ad bombardment telling me that I'm less of a fan for not buying the NFL's overpriced garbage.

You want to stop the bleeding NFL ? Then give us more Jameis Winston and less Marshawn Lynch (fuck that cross eyed bastard).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    What did marshawn do wrong?

8. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Whatever. That's total BS. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who are turned off by the NFL's so called "patriotism ". And their is a significant boycott as a result.

With what went on yesterday I'm seriously considering boycotting myself, if the NFL doesn't do anything to stick up for their employees.

At any rate I more and more think that the NFLs days are numbered, not because of ratings but because of CTE. Did you see the results from Hernandez? Severe CTE and he only played three seasons. Out of the 100+ former players brains that have been examined only 1 showed no sign of the disease. It's unsustainable given out increased knowledge.

(Note that I'm not excusing Hernandez's behavior)

Nothing. Just upset some people who think "Freedom of speech" and political statements are good things only if it's something they agree with.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    But that's also getting into the realm of politics (which we should tread very carefully here...coz rules n stuff). But I will say this, people often times confuse their "freedoms" as a free pass to avoid any consequences of such actions or words. While it is true that you are "free" to "express" yourself, you are never, have never, and will never be "free" from any consequences of said actions. I think the old saying of picking your battles wisely comes into play here. If you're going to try to make a statement about anything, picking the right one that will have the most effective and positive results (of being heard and listened to) would be best. Picking one where it causes a divide instead, is not only not helping anything, but the people you most want to hear your statement will just ignore you in those scenarios. People are forgetting that, and are acting on nothing but their emotions instead of using their brains to really think things through.

But yeah, let's get back to football :D  The games I'm looking forward to, Dallas vs Arizona, Patriots and the Texans, and Broncos vs the Bills.

• Like Like x 2
  10. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    FWIW, I'm pissed at Lynch because he cost me a fantasy win last week. I have 17 fantasy teams spread out across different sites, etc... and i was undefeated in all of them until him and Brandon Marshall shit the bed.

I guess Jameis will have to bail me out as usual....
    [​IMG]

11. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    :lol  I figured it had to do something with that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Btw, a member of Jameis Winston's family (his uncle I think) makes shirts with that Bucco Bruce mash-up logo on them is anyone ever wants to buy one.

People do a double take when I wear mine. Had no idea so many people miss that old happy pirate, lol! (Who, btw, was ok with me when everyone shunned him.)

13. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Hey all, why don't we come up with a current or former player that we all can't stand ? You know, to unite the board and all.

My "nominee": Warren Sapp. Great player. Class F human being. Boy, the stories about him I could tell ya'. My God, the stuff he got away with those, ahem, "gentleman clubs" down in Tampa.

He would curse out fans (even little kids). Jon Gruden, who would anything and never gave a damn about a players character, actually threw him out of practice because he tried to pick a fight with a local high school coach that was invited to watch Bucs practice. Too bad Jerome Bettis didn't knock the shit out of him when he had the chance.

Also, what the hell is it with the officiating at BOTH the college and pro level?

Geez. Anyone here see that Baylor-Oklahoma game and the garbage calls that they reviewed ?

People are getting pissed about officiating and it would not surprise me if there were some officials on the take.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  14. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Yeah screw Warren Sapp. I saw him basically singlehandedly engineer a pretty big comeback playing against Syracuse my freshman year. At the time I knew nothing about college sports and he made my realize my school’s team really wasn’t that good.

15. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I have a hard time coming up with anyone in the former category. I used to strongly dislike Ray Lewis, but I actually find him to be quite a fair commentator on Fox Sports. Burfict is an obvious one with how he tries to take out players. Ndamukong Suh is another name that comes to mind. He's similar to Burfict, and he used to throw those crazy temper tantrums, and I was one of those people that thought he should have won the Heisman in college. I'll avoid the topic of a certain former San Francisco quarterback just because I'm sick of hearing about it myself, and I've made my stance clear. Tom Brady is an interesting one because I feel like I would get along with him in real life. He's that guy in high school you hate for being so perfect at everything. Although he does have some glaring flaws. I personally hold him responsible for a lot of overprotective rules for QBs. Not to mention how much he complains to refs when a call shockingly doesn't go his way (because they certainly seem to most of the time). And that Madden Curse video he did this year, that was pushing the limits of cockiness.

• Like Like x 1
  16. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

I can't stand Michael Vick. And before anyone says anything, no, it's NOT just because of the dogfighting thing.

Whenever someone in Atlanta says they don't like Vick, they get an earful from one of the many Vick apologists who say "he served his time, paid his debt, everyone deserves a second chance, blah blah". Believe me, I'm all for giving people a second chance, but Vick showed his ass a few times BEFORE the dogfighting thing came to light. That was actually the 4th or 5th chance. He did things ranging from trying to sneak drugs through airport security in a secret compartment in a water bottle, to flipping off the Falcons fans after a particularly dismal performance.

If it was just the dogfighting, I'd give him another chance. But he's had enough chances to show me he's not just a punk. I remember his brother Marcus was a pretty good college QB as well, but he also had his share of run-ins with the law, and IIRC I think that cost him his chance at an NFL career. Clearly being a punk runs in the family.

17. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    How can we forget Ron Mexico ?

18. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    I saw #TakeAKnee trending on twitter. I hope every player does tmrw.

Anyways i hate Josh norman. Not Panthers Josh Norman, redskins josh norman.

19. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Just because he’s a Redskin now?

20. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Let's keep this clear of politics please.

Go Pack go! :D 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.