NFL 2017-2018 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bed Bugs, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That stadium is pure sex.

2. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Regarding the Aaron Hernandez thing, I pretty much agree with Chris Carter's take on Undisputed. It's unfortunate a guy who was on his way to a potential Hall of Fame career went down this path, but you just can't feel sorry for him when he got so many chances to do the right thing. He was a gifted athlete in college on a great team coached by one of the most respected coaches in college football. He did not clean up his act and slid down in the draft boards (which is a loss of potential millions in and of itself). Then he got drafted by the Patriots. As much as I hate them, they are definitely one of the most well-managed sports teams right now, and he played in a Super Bowl. Once again, he did not leave the gang life behind. Then, he took the life of another young football player and father to a young girl (and that's just the people the court found him guilty of killing for sure). His brother is even a successful coach in the Northeast, and he's been a clean cut person for years now. Ultimately, Aaron Hernandez was selfish and couldn't leave the thug life behind, and now he won't be remembered as an all-time great tight end who came from a rough childhood. He'll be remembered as a murderer who let his team and his own daughter down. Most people would say he wasted his talent, I'd say his talent was wasted on him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

What's the old saying? Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rusty24

Schedules are out today. It's so nice of the NFL to spot us another preseason game and another bye week by having the Steelers start and end the season against the Browns. All kidding aside, I think we can win the division again this year. Fortunately, most of the tough games will be at home (and anyone who's a Steelers fan or fantasy football player knows that this team plays 10,000 times better at home). Hopefully, they can give the Patriots the asskicking they deserve at Heinz Field too. Let's go win Number 7 for Rooney!

5. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Raiders have a pretty tough schedule. I'm confident but this is going to be a put up or shut up season for them. They can't go into this season all cocky because of how they did last season. Hopefully Carr is back at 100%.

6. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Cowboys with there current roster are going 10-6. Will update after draft.

7. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    I Agree with Stephen A smith and how ANYONE can have sympathy for this POS is beyond me. Do you know how many people would love to make it out of the hood and play in the NFL/NBA? Millions of nkt billions and he just couldn't get out of the thug life. So screw that guy.

8. Rusty24

Yeah they put the two toughest divisions up against each other essentially. Not only do they have to face the Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers twice, they also have to go against every NFC East team and those damn Patriots. They have to play against New England in Mexico instead of home too. That might still look like a home game for the Patriots because I know so many foreigners that hopped on their bandwagon. I don't know if that's a widescale thing because they get the most media coverage, but from my experience it's been the case.

9. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    I'm sure raiders will be fine. With there current roster I have them going 11-5

And holy shit I didn't know we legit had the toughest fucking schedule out of EVERY team :lol  It's time for Dak to equip his big boy balls though and lead us to a Super Bowl (assuming we draft good)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  10. Rodimus74

The last game the Raiders had in Mexico looked like a home game. That'll be the case with this game too.

11. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

I can't find the article but apparently under Massachusetts law, if you die while in the legal circumstances that Hernadez was in, any convictions against you are null and void.
    This doesn't really mean anything when you're dead, except that by having all his charges dropped, his contract with the Pats remains intact and the guaranteed money in his contract will go to his kid.

Packers go to Dallas and atlanta early and open with the Seahawks at home. It's gonna be another back from the brink year, I feel like.

12. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Yes this is fairly common. If you die before all appeals are exhausted then your conviction is voided. That's a problem for any potential civil suits by victims or the families of victims.

Similar thing happened in one of the high profile corporate corruption cases - Was it that Enron CEO? Or maybe someone involved in the Bernie Madoff frauds? Or maybe both.

13. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Hmmm. Makes you wonder if that's why he did it. I mean, he knew he was going to be in prison for the rest of his life, and he has a child. Maybe it was way to get some financial support for her?

14. Rusty24

So Adrian Peterson is a Saint now. I think it's a good move. The guy hasn't had an elite QB backing him up since the one Brett Favre season, and he won't be an every down back there with Ingram on the team still. It appears to me like New Orleans took influence from Atlanta with their dual RB threat in Freeman and Coleman.

Martavis Bryant has finally been reinstated too! That's the best news I've heard all week for my Steelers. We could have desperately used him in the AFC Championship when AB was double covered the whole game and Bell when down. Apparently, he's gained weight, but he is also faster than he was when tested at the Combine (there's a new video of him running a 4.27 40). Now they don't need to draft a receiver for sure (seriously I rolled my eyes so much whenever any analyst mocked a WR to us in the first round with more pressing needs at CB and edge rusher). A red zone threat like a tight end to replace Ladarius "Glass Bones" Green is what we really need considering how often the Steelers had no problem moving the ball down the field but then couldn't pound it in the endzone.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  15. Rusty24

And now Marshawn Lynch is officially a Raider

16. Rodimus74

Confirmed?

17. Rusty24

Yep. All they had to do was swap fifth and sixth round picks in the 2018 draft

18. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Reporter: What was going though your mind when Carr accidentally tripped you in the backfield?
    Lynch: I'm just here so I don't get fined.

19. Rusty24

The Bears were so dumb to trade up one pick for Trubisky. #2 overall was way too high for him, and they have holes to fill on defense.

20. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Couple of bust have been taken so far lol.

The cowboys have a realistic chance to get adoree AND Jabril peppers with the way this draft is going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.