Next Titan for War For Cybertron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WishfulThinking, May 15, 2018.

?

Next WfC titan class character?

1. Metrotitan

7 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Omega Supreme

135 vote(s)
    61.4%
  3. Scorponok

71 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. Star Convoy

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  5. Other (explain)

6 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    There's been a debate in the news threads about what the next titan-class character should be. Knowing Micromasters are included in this line, I have my opinion. Others have theirs.

Rather than continue to derail that thread, I've decided to start a poll to see what fans think.

What do YOU think Hasbro should do next?

Metrotitan is a Decepticon repaint of Metroplex from Zone. Money saved from additional ROI could be used to add his accessories.
    [​IMG]

Titan Omega Supreme with elements of Countdown thrown in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Or Scorponok that may or may not include his Headmaster but would feature Fasttrack or Zarak probably as a Micromaster or Battlemaster
    [​IMG]

Or, Star Convoy with Hot Rod as his Micromaster
    [​IMG]

Or, something else?

• Like Like x 8
  2. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

I voted Omega Supreme, as I feel it would make sense. While not connected to the game, he did star in WFC. Also, we're getting Predaking as a titan, so perhaps a new Autobot.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl TFW2005 Supporter

With all of the third party Omega Supremes out there, Hasbro would love nothing more than to rain on their parade with their own offering.

• Like Like x 9
  4. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i can see Omega Supreme since he did start off (in some episodes, in others not) on Cybertron. THey could also make a new head and paint job and make the Sentinels.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Most likely: Omega Supreme
    Most wanted: Omega Supreme

• Like Like x 7
  6. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Omega Supreme or Scorponok. Would rather get an obscure Metrotitan when we have the main titan figures done.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    adversary of Devestator and titan for WFC toy line: Omega Supreme

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  8. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Omega Supreme seems to be the logical choice

• Like Like x 4
  9. DanLyons

DanLyons Little-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Omega all the way! I would prefer a Titans Return style Leader-class Scorponok with a Head Master in a helmet rather than a Titan. Star Convoy would place second out of the existing characters. That said, a new character with a really cool design would be welcome as well.

• Like Like x 3
  10. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i believe there would not be a titan, toyrus was the main supporter

11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD Recruit

News Credits:
    Exactly!

Cybertron Guardians are one of the few Titan Class figures that would be worthy of Troop building IMO.

I said before that if Hasbro was smart they could even remold an Titan Omega to be a Cybertron Guardian/Sentinel with a SPACE BRIDGE alt-mold. I'd buy at least 2 of those alone.

Hmmm. I have all 4 Titan's and only one came from TRU (Trypticon). The rest were bought online.

Now Predaking's release could be a test of Titan's to come, which is unfortunate because I personally don't care much for that set (I'd only buy one on clearance) but don't feel that the rest of Titan Class future should be strictly based on success of this one.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get why "should" phrasing is used. What Hasbro "should" do, is what's best for the business, right? But isn't the question really more of "What do you *want* Hasbro to do?" or maybe "What do you think Hasbro will do?"

Beyond that issue... What do I want Hasbro to do? Scorponok and Omega Supreme are probably the only Titans I still want. So I'd want Hasbro to make one of them, probably leaning towards Scorponok to pair him up with Fort Max. Omega Supreme ranks behind because I'd really want Hasbro to make him CW Devastator height, but likely they'd make him Metroplex height.

What do I think Hasbro will do? I wouldn't rule out a Titan in 2019 happening, but right now, I'd assume there won't be one.

What should Hasbro do, best for business-wise? I think Scorponok would be the best choice for a Titan. Scorponok would be able to re-use some Metroplex/Fort Max parts while Omega might have to be 100% new tooling. Metrotitan might be a little too niche for being the best for business decision. *If* a Metrotitan (or Black Zarak version of hypothetical Scorponok) were made, I would still have some interest in them, but overall, for a wide release, I doubt Hasbro views Metrotitan as a great option, I mean they've had the chance to make him any time over the past 5 years, and nada!

Star Convoy alone shouldn't be a Titan. A leader class, sure, or a Titan class 3-pack of leaders of Star Convoy, Grandus, and Sky Garry I could see, but also I can't imagine is high on Hasbro's list.

That there is a "Micromaster" pricepoint, may not necessarily have a huge bearing on the line. So I wouldn't choose a Titan that I *want* it to be, or that I *think* it will be or that I think it *should* be based on there being 11 small pricepoint releases labeled as "Micromasters".

• Like Like x 1
  13. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD Recruit

News Credits:
    I'd buy both but a Leader class Scorponok (or even a Voyager) and a Leader class Fort Max (Thanks most because of his role in LSOTW, LL and MTMTE) would be primary.

• Like Like x 2
  14. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    One thing that needs to be considered, though, is that with Hasbro streamlining the line with TakaraTOMY, this probably makes the idea of including G1 Japan-only characters more appealing. And like I've said before, if they haven't had US media before, a toy release almost guarantees you the character will be included in future media.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

If I had my choice it would be Omega, but I think if the Titan Class line was ending and we could only choose one I think it should be Scorponok... Fort Max needs his nemesis.

16. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Function: Emoticon Commander

Personally I hope for Omega Supreme somewhere down the line. The immediate line would be great. Scorponok too. Any of the other characters as titans would be great for those who want them but I wouldn't purchase them. Especially a repaint knowing roughly how expensive it'll be and of a character that most people are unfamiliar with. Does HasTak consider the my opinion of importance? No. Does HasTak do research to optimize profits by producing figures that will most likely bring in revenue? I have no fucking clue but I sure as shit hope so.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Starry Night Melody

News Credits:
    Omega Supreme turns into a gaint rocket base with a tank thats on tracks. I don’t see how that CAN’T be a good combination with tiny Micromaster dudes who can easily man and populate it.

• Like Like x 11
  18. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is in regards to Metrotitan? Star Convoy? either?

"Maybe?", but I think that's more of your own name for yourself. I don't see how the streamlining will make Hasbro more interested in Japanese characters. They have some interest sure, but the streamlining is causing Dreadwind and Darkwing/Blackwing to show up in Japan, not causing Buster and Hydra to show up in the US.

And this media business, what's that about? I said nothing about that. Your point is... Metrotitan is niche in the US because he has no US media, so release an huge, expensive toy of him, and thus there will be media made about him, and then it'll make sense to release a toy of him?? Circular logic.

I have had some minor level of interest in Metrotitan since Metroplex's release in 2013 and had thought it'd eventually be a no-brainer for an exclusive release somewhere, but zilch after 5 years. So seeming more unlikely to me.

19. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Hasbro has shown they have no idea what to do when it comes to the Titan class. Devastator and predaking were too big and had no business being there. If they make a scorponok or an omega supreme that is combiner wars sized combiner I’ll bite, but after that they are really going to have to impress to get me to bite.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

My preference would be Scorponok, but since we had two decepticons in a row they could probably make Omega Supreme first.

• Like Like x 1