Next Thing I want to Lobby for

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Infosaur, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Okay Peter is Prime that's great, Welker,,,, I leave that for others to get psyched about.

This is gonna sound hella lame, but I was watching a clip from the animated movie someone was posting and there's something nobody has mentioned yet.

The awsome sound Prime's rifle makes!

Has nobody mentioned this yet?

I'm sure movie Prime probably could pick up a howitzers and fire it (with lots of dust and recoil)

But there's got to be a way to explain the three sylables per round sound effect

If anyone has this sound clip, or a website with it, could they post it for refference please?

2. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Yea, I mean as realistic as bay want's it to be, the TF's still have un-realistic weapon's which he cant get rid of.

Know as far as the noice's they make, I think their will be very unique sound's for optimu's and other TF's in the movie!

The real question might be, what is the arsenal they are packing for meg's?

3. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

By the way:

I noticed that in the G1 series, Prime's rifle sound is actually Megatron's arm canon, but played backwords, or vise versa...

4. O-PRIME

O-PRIME Member

Wouldn't ILM be doing sound effects as well? I know scattered throughout the G1 series and the animated movie there were some Star Wars sound effects scattered in there. Laser blasts, tie fighter, etc. etc.

5. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

WILHELM SCREAM

if its not in there, i'll be a primal's uncle.

as for the weapon sounds, just go to youtube.
    here, i did the hard work for you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB0_vJUc3o4
    (you got the touch!)

i noticed a similarity, but its not like playing it forward/backward.
    prime does have a distinct 3 sylable blast
    *bebebeTHUMP*
    while megs has a singular and deeper
    *beTHUMP-WHOOSH*
    (sorry for the horrible automatapia)

i dont think those really dated and somewhat silly sounds will make it into this new movie.
    although im sure ILM/skywalker sound will come up with something completely amazing.

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like updated sounds that are like the originals but a bit more appropriate for this sort of big budget film. I'm sure they can achieve that.

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Hmm. Yeah, the Prime and Megatron laser blasts are definitely quite memorable sound effects. However, to me, the sound effects I'd most like to hear return are the Transforming sound (DUH), and the sound of the Decepticons' lasers firing.

Not sure why I think this way, really. I just really liked the way the Decepticons' lasers sounded.

Random fact: the Decepticon laser sound also can be found in Starfox 64 and the movie "Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack," where the bad guys's space ships fire lasers that have the Decepticon laser sound.

8. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

I too love the sound effects...Prime's laser cannon, Megatrons Fusion Cannon, Decepticon Lasers etc. But I believe that there will be all new sound effects for the movie....according to the already publiclly available clips that were done....It will have a more realistic feel to them

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess I should have referenced YouTube.

I was thinking of just the effect as a midi or something. Without the whole clip.

Anyway now that everyone knows what I'm talking about I don't have to worry about debating;

"It's 'boo-boo-PEEOW!'" :duel 
    "No it's definately 'bujube-BLAOW!'" :duel 
    "You're both wrong, it's 'choom-cho-FSHOWE!' :duel 

"LEEEEEEE ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYY,,,,,"

"godamnit Leeroy"

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Sure he can, if he wants a grittier movie he can put the sci-fi weapons on the back burner if he wants. For example aside from a flash back in the G2 comics where prime and the bots face off against bludgeon and his cons, Prime only uses sub machine guns.

11. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Original weapon sounds? Isn't that a little anal retentive and needy? They will definitely make them more realistic for the movie.

12. r0guearmy

r0guearmy Wizrd. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I just want the sound to make the auditorium shake.

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Is this the most important thing for fans to rally about? More important than Bumblebee getting his voice back?

This isn't something we'll ever get anyway. The original cartoon sounds were pretty cheap. They'd sound far cheaper in a big budget live action movie. If they scrapped blocky G1-style transformations because they looked too campy on screen, you can bet they'll take the same attitude about the sounds.

14. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Well I guess your right, but this is a movie discussion so yes of course even a gun sound can matter. But Iam more worried about the arsenal's they are packing.

15. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

The things I would change:

Give the TFs more screen time than the humans

Make Bumblebee speak for a majority of the movie

Give the Decepticons personality

16. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

These look like much better concerns than anything people have been screaming about lately. I don't think more TF screentime than humans is going to happen, but I'd at least like to make sure that the balance is reasonable, and not something like 80/20 in favor of the humans. The other two are pretty important to me.