next takara encore reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Mar 10, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes i need the triple changer blitzwing and astro train. please make them.

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    blitzwing has been done so has Astrotrain.

if they get done again in encore... dunno, nobobdy knows with TT

I rather support the reissue of Thrust and Ramjet, who are still a pain in the butt and money costing con exclusiv reissus.-

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope they get Cliffjumper, Windcharger and Brawn in there somewhere.

4. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Seriously though, everyday I come to this site and I keep hoping for some kind of good news about the next Encore release, only to find NOTHING. And it's not even just Encore now,it seems to me like it's just a dry period for new stuff. At least in my eyes it is. All I want in the USA right now is ROTF Jetblade, the Dirge repaint. The lack on Encore news is driving me insane!! LOLOL

5. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes i nedd those jets too. i can see them doing a 2 pack for them, just like the other encore reissue. hopefully soon.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I know... I click on these types of threads a TON hoping someone has info about the next release but nope..... just wish lists. I HOPE the next reissue isn't something we all own already. I'm probably done buying reissue G1 toys anyway because I need my figures to have some type of possibility.

However... why can't Takara do what Mattel is doing with the MOTU line? Take the vintage figures and add modern day articulation?

7. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Isn't that what Classics is for? An updated G1 so to speak?

At this point, even if it is a reissue that I don't need, I still want to hear news about it so i will know the line is still alive and well. I'd like to think that they are quiet right now because they are hard at work on something nice for us all!!

8. Ruination04

News Credits:
  9. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, to an extent I guess

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What Mattel did was take the Vintage figures and add modern day joints to them. Some figures like Prime, Seekers and Soundwave would be easy to do I think.

10. Easterling Capt

Ebay:
    we know they have all the other molds from earlier reissus. The q is if TT wants to add those molds to the encore one or want something new.

and they might not want to take sales from all other stuff, Alternety, disney label, ROOTF, Animated and so on...all lines cant be for sale the same time.

11. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Mattel did not take vintage figures and stick new joints in them.

MOTUC are wholly new molds, on a much larger scale. The designs are very faithful to the original figures, but tooling, engineering, construction, and gimmicks are totally different. Hey, they say the Four Horsemen are sculpting them, that's not "vintage".

You probably know all that, right? If so what do you really mean by "taking vintage figures" and just "adding modern day joints to them"?

I think Classics are pretty much exactly the analogous Transformer products. Some classics might not be as faithful to their G1 toys, but partly that has to be done because a transforming action figure is so much more complex than a MOTU/C figure. And do you really want G1 figures that are exact reproductions, but just with new joints? Would a midget Hound with tiny, tiny arms but with elbows really compare to the wonderful U2 Hound mold? Would U2 Cyclonus really look better with huge, enlarged hands and head like the G1 figure? What is it about U2 Prowl that isn't "G1+joints" enough?

12. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all I really want is Ultra Magnus and more combiners!

13. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Or maybe it shows that a relatively small group of people are obsessed.

'Zomg Encore is over.'

'Zomg Transformers are SUPER popular in Japan, but Takara hate them.'

'I want that toy SO much, but am incapable of turning that desire into actually getting the original'.

'I'm the biggest G1 fan EVER, but haven't conducted proper research on what's been reissued, and how'.

Takara are far too busy designing modern Transformers to commit anything other than comparatively little
    resources to reissues.

'But i'm personally offended by movie designs'.

Takara and Hasbro don't care.

Hasbro Hong Kong, who IIRC, are Takara's agent in Hong Kong.

At the risk of rererring to something you weren't alluding to, i'm fairly sure import stores will still carry them.

I also *suspect* that any previous Japanese reisuses, where the molds are useable, are re-reissue candiates now.

Did anyone in this thread say Encore was over, or that Takara are going to run more than reissue line at a time.

Turn your enthusiasm into research. Put two and two together. Please.

The only time they've been reissued was in Japanese G1 packaging, and since they're reissuing some Henkei toys, it's a fairly logical conclusion the packaging will be the same as the last time they were reissued.

We "got" Omega becasue Tomy own the mold, and when they took over Takara it was deemed viable. Technically, neither Omega nor Sky Lynx were actuall reissued, since it was the first time they were released for the Japanese market.

Trypticon was a little more pricey than Metroplex back in the day, and over the years Takara have been quite selective about which larger *Decepticons* they reissue. I'm very sceptical about a Trypticon reissue any time soon.

Maybe you could... i don't know... go buy an original one?

...as for Shockwave. That mold was licensed from a company called ToyCo.

Omega and SkyLynx were licensed form ToyBOX

Two different companies.

ToxBox went belly up, and the molds from Omega and Sky Lynx ended up with Tomy.

ToyCo IIRC, still exist, and reportedly still have the Astro Magnum mold from which Shockwave was made.
    Reportedlly, they were even displaying it at a toy show of some sort several years back.

14. Easterling Capt

Ebay:
    and if trypticon is expensiv, then if they have scopenok will be even more expensiv as he is bigger then Trypticon

15. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to admit, I find your grasp of realism & the facts to be a bit refreshing.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol  A relatively small group of people are obsessed? The same condescending tone can be said for the collectors of any toyline, I suppose.

No skin off my nose, I'm very happy with my G1 collection.

17. wildfly

News Credits:
    I was 'there' when G1 strated. Which means i'm a grown male bickering with people about toys.

So my grasp on reality... fairly tenuous.

I am being condescending. Plenty of poeple would be happy with your G1 collection. You've made an effort, and it's to be commended.

18. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats what I said I wanted, i'm not saying its going to float everyones boat. Isn't this thread more of a wish list? we are talking about reissuing the old figures and I said i'm tired of those bricks! Give us something like what mattel did. take the old toys and add new joints to them. They didn't redesign the whole figure, Heman looks like his 80's version.

You must not have read what I wanted. I said

I was just saying, if Takara is to continue this line, why not copy Mattel and take the vintage figures and add modern day joints to them. Whats wrong with that? I love Universe/Henkei Figures, I sold most of my vintage stuff because of those toys. HOWEVER, if Takara is determined to continue they line, why reissue a 30 (40?) year old toy? Take that toy and add some JOINTS!!!!

Save your hostility for someone who isn't on your side:dj 

19. wildfly

News Credits:

He-Man splutered and stalled... around 198..7? or was it 1988?

The 90s version didn't do that well IIRC.

Then there were the first reissues... they did well if memory serves correctly.

The 'new' He-man, Circa 2002, did well initially, but was weakened by poorly thought out case assortments (correct?)

..and most recently, they've gone with the online only toys? Yes?

Dc Vs Marvel... only just out, and a store exclusive IIRC.
    Popular at this point, but too soon to determine how it will do in the long run.

Transformers had difficulties too.

Line got cancelled in North America, and Japan. It went on hiatus in Europe for a while too, although not quite as early.

Then G2, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise, Unicron Trilogy ETC.

Hasbro have managed to successfully develop Transformers beyond what it was in the 80s

Mattel... they keep going back to the original He-Man becasue that's the only time it was ever a clear sustained success.

If they put new joints on old G1 toys, they'd still look like toys from 15 years ago or more, and at what return? The G1 cartoon isn't, IIRC, in mass syndication any more.

Do they make a new cartoon which uses the same animation models? Would some people think it's the original?

Too many ifs and buts on just retooling the original G1 toys.

From Hasbro's standpoint, Classics is probably the best way to go, and even that gets the backseat.

20. Ruination04

News Credits:
    You know, I really don't see why not? I mean, the more goodies we have available the better...it's all good! LOL