Next Seeker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, May 28, 2008.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

OK, with Takara releasing Thundercracker and Skywarp, and US online stores taking pre-orders, we can maybe put the TC debate to bed for a brief time (nobody start, I spoke my mind on the pre-order thread on the news section), who should the next seeker be? Knowing Hasbro, it will probably Sunstorm (Starscream mold type) or Jetstorm (either a Ramjet mold or a variation of the old BM Jetstrom mold) or maybe get creative and create some new seeker personalities and names that where not part of the offical cannon or Takara exclusives .

2. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Looks like this is news to me. (Just checked the front page.) But I'd have to say Thrust. After all, he would simply be a repaint of Ramjet, and he's probably the most popular of the coneheads. That and they've used the copyright for Thrust's name quite often.

This is the classics mold right? Skwarp was already released in the USA so that throws me for a loop.

3. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

Hopefully Sunstorm and the rest of the generic seekers. I hope Takara does Thrust and Dirge like they did TC/SW.

A Starscream's Ghost would be nice as well.

Can't wait to see the Universe Cyclonus.. I just hope they do him justice. If he's anything like Powerglide or Silverbolt, he'll be awesome!!

4. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Seeing pictures of that Silverbolt... :drool: 

How could would it be if they made that into a Superion centerpiece though?

Just the site of that Silverbolt toy gives me a joygasm.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I highly doubt they designed him for such a thing, but I already have plans laid out to make it happen for myself. I've been working on the engineering aspects for months now, the only change I had to make was the torso bot once I found out about Silverbolt. That just made it easier, especially after realizing how simple his TF'scheme is.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    SUNSTORM-no wait, then id have to buy him too! oy

7. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thurst and Dirge will get their Japaness Delute.

8. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
  9. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I would love to see the main 6 gobots re-done somehow. We already got crasher.

Anywho, for US releases I would expect Sunstorm and Rainstorm

For Japan, if Henkei does well and this tc/sw sells well, possibly another exclusive run of Thrust and Dirge

10. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
  11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, we're getting Acid Storm here soon (September/October according to most preorders) and Hasbro pretty much said at Botcon that Sunstorm and the other two Rainmakers (the blue & yellow ones) are on their short list to do with that mold. They also totally have to make the lavander & white colored Seeker (HoC Air Warriors) and they could even call the toy Air Warrior and have it be a totally generic drone (like they were in the Dreamwave G1 comics)... making the mold an even larger troop builder than before!

After that... well, this TF Wiki article has some great fodder: TF Wiki Seekers. I'd personally like to see the four from FFoD. There was a white & grey Seeker, a black, grey & gold Seeker, a Silverbolt colored Seeker & a black, brown & red colored Conehead.

I'd also like to see the other three Seekers that were with Sunstorm in MTMTE Pt.1 get made... in the scene that the off colored Seeker who would become Sunstorm is in there are three other Seekers. One is light purple with black trim, another is blue with white trim and the third (who is really hard to see in the shot) is dark blue with white trim (though this last one probably wouldn't get made due to closeness in color to the other one).

In Ultimate Doom there's also a really nice pine green colored Seeker that I wouldn't mind seeing in toy form.

I'd also like to see this mold get done up as Leader-1 at somepoint (yes, I like GoBots) and I also think that a G2 colored Ramjet (G2 Ramjet at TFU.info) would look awesome on the Conehead mold... hell they could even make it female with those colors!

I also wouldn't mind if we got Hellbat, Leozack & Gaihawk out of those two molds, but would prefer one new mold that worked for all three of them better (honestly, I'm kind of hoping that they do a new Seeker mold in Universe at some point based off of the F-22 Raptor).

As for Takara... if their exclusive TC & SW are profitable for them I totally expect that they'll release Dirge & Thrust at some point. Also, I wouldn't put it past them to put out a Starscream's Ghost & a Black Starscream considering that they do that with a lot of the G1 oriented Screamer molds. After that I can see them doing whatever character Hasbro does.

Edit: Just for fun I'm going to attempt to come up with names for the generic seekers I want...

1. (blue rainmaker) Rain Storm
    2. (yellow rainmaker) Solar Storm
    3. (lavander & white) Air Warriors
    4. (white & grey) Overcast -he could even have a bio similar to Movie Overcast.-
    5. (black, grey & gold) Nightscream -make this guy all about stealth and assasinations.-
    6. (Silverbolt colored Seeker) Skyfire -could be created specifically to infiltrate the Autobot ranks & cause dessention from within.-
    7. (black, brown & red Conehead) Sky Shadow -another stealth oriented character.-
    8. (purple & black) Dreadwing -base him off of Movie Dreadwing and have him stole his tech from Skywarp.-
    9. (blue & white) Jetstorm -base him off of BM Jetstorm.-
    10. (pine green) Skyblast -have no idea what to do with this character.-
    11. (G2 Ramjet) Moon Razor -make her a female character... maybe a nod to all the female fans by making her infatuated with Screamer. :lolol -

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  12. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Sunstorm, generic purple 'Air Warrior' troop builders are the traditional seekers I'd like.

Then I'd like to see the Ramjet mold repainted in the 2 abandoned G2 Ramjet re-decos: the tan desert attack version and the blue/white 'cloud'/Navy color scheme.

Leader-1 I'd prefer to see as a repaint of Classics Jetfire, along with Cy-Kill repainted from Cybertron Crumplezone.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Oh, totally forgot about those two abandoned G2 decos... they could call the tan desert attack one Duststorm and the blue/white cloud/Navy colored one Bomb-Burst.

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    This is one of those cases where the more the merrier!

Most of the distinct background seekers (Like the Pine Green one as mentioned)
    The Lavender and White Air Eliminators
    The G2 decos
    Cyberjet decos
    The MW Jet Decos

Have a true army of Seekers!

15. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like Thrust, Dirge or Starscream's Ghost/Clear Starscream

16. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I'd go for these, too.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They did? I must have missed that little bit of info. I may not need to kitbash the other two then. I wander what names they'll get. I might just buy an extra Acid Storm to replace the wings for my Thrust kitbash, and then do some wing mods. I was originally going to just do a straight up repaint, but seeing as it'll be easier for me to get ahold of another copy of the Starscream mold, it'll be easier/cheaper for me to just go that way with it. As for any more mass retail repaints of the mold, Sunstorm and the other two Rainmakers are really the only one's I want to see. That way it'll give me a nice even number of 10 Classics Seekers (Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust, Acid Storm, the other two Rainmakers, and Sunstorm).

Edit: Here's how I'm going to group mine (that is if we do indeed get 3 more after Acid Storm):

Group A- Seekers
    -Classics Starscream
    -Classics Skywarp
    -Custom Thundercracker

Group B- Coneheads
    -Classics Ramjet
    -Custom Dirge
    -Custom Thrust

Group C- Rainmakers
    -Un.Classics Acid Storm
    -Un.Classics Rainmaker 2
    -Un.Classics Rainmaker 3

Group D- Clones
    -Sunstorm (yeah, all alone, but it makes sense, imo.)

If we somehow get a generic clone seeker, I'll buy two of them to go along with Sunstorm so he isn't lonely.

18. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I would like to be able to group my Seekers in threes. So far, my plan is:

1A) Henkei Starscream
    1B) Henkei Thundercracker
    1C) Henkei Skywarp

2A) Classics Starscream
    2B) Classics Skywarp
    2C) Classics Acid Storm

3A) Classics Ramjet
    3B) ???
    3c) ???

Basically, I'd like 2 more coneheads. Don't much care who they are.

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if you're worried about numbers, the number should be 12. it takes 12 aircraft to make a squadron.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Huh...I did not know that. I might end up kitbashing two generic seekers to go along with Sunstorm just to make the total 12. that way my Decepticons will have a full squadron of classics seekers.