Next Masterpiece Figure you want to see?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by maninthebox94, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Would it fair any better in drop tests if it were bigger?

It would'nt cost as much as a vintage complete fort max if that was what you were thinking. That's more a price decided by vintage appreciation.

Or Are you thinking of a fortress maximus the size of a bookcase. So I can use it for toy shelveing? :lol 

At that size you could even have a interactive bridge to recreate scenes from the headmasters tv series.

2. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is what TakaraTomy designer Hironori Kobayashi "personally" thinks about the next Masterpiece.
    Mr. Kobayashi belongs to domestic devision of Transformer development team, which is in charge of Japan-only Transformer figures.

Taken from Generations 2009 Vol.2. I would like to translate his full interview, but haven't got time :( 

3. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    Yeah bring on Rodimus Convoy as the next masterpiece..... :D . If takara makes it don't release it next january though as the 1/2000 Macross is going to be release.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    He's really on an amazing concept here. I'd love to see this come to fruition! Thanks SydneyY.

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    We get one of these threads every two weeks, and my answer is the same every time: I want a masterpiece Hot Rodimus. I never thought about the significance of the year 2010, so that makes me even more happy. I could dig the gimmick of Hot Rodimus>>>Rodimus Convoy, but I would be more than happy with Hot Rodimus.

6. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Hot Rod or Rodimus Prime

7. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If he can only work out one of the two I would rather it be Hot Rod and not Rodimus.

8. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Shockwave or warpath

9. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Shockwave

10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed totally.

11. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

I am in the majority here, I will only pick iconic G1 characters here and in my order.

Devastator- could be a full giftset or in a two parter, 3 per container. Certainly would go a long way into cutting costs while giving us as much detail as possible. I don't see them avoiding certain things like the chest plate and snap on arms. I have been working out little designs for a long time with no luck in figuring out how the heck these things could be anything but added on....

moving along...

Soundwave: Much like Grimlock whose basic transformation is not altogether difficult or involved can take a great imrpovement back from the masterpiece treatment in bot mode. Also can remold though I am praying if they do this we get a rumble and frenzy but it would probably be ravage and laserbeak.

Galvatron: Never had a good toy with good representations on both the 'vehicle mode' and bot mode. It could definitely be done.

Rodimus Prime: I am with the guy on page 2 that thought a Hot Rodimus with a flip changing face would be a great idea with the trailer connecting discretely overlapping most of the car. It is the most sound approach to covering all the bases with Rodimus without making too big of a compromise. Perfect idea there.

---

We still have a boatload of characters they could do a masterpiece of but I feel these are the strongest wins Takara can make. I would love to see masterpiece Dinobots. All of them have individual concepts so I just don't see that happening. Trypticon and almost everybody from Season 3 I don't see it happening. While it is true in Japan they didn't have the same animosity towards season 3 many of us did, alot of those characters haven't seen a ton of run time in following series. Cyclonus might be possible though.

I also don't see the remaining three seekers making it even if I would love to see Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust add to my collection. Most of the characters we don't see again and again being favorites I just don't see it happening with. Like blaster or trypticon, or metroplex. By god I would love to see a Fort Max but we won't see even a ten inch version of this no matter how awesome it is to have a head of a head jump around!

Movie guys? We can only dream. Though the Prime we got now will be hard to beat in terms of design. Give him some articulated fingers, chrome and a deeper red paint job and dare I say the markup on this guy would double... so don't tell Takara.

I love starscream though, give me a killer starscream film transformer with customizing tattoo stickers and my life might well be complete.

Anyhow that is all I got on this subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.