Next IDW Hasbro crossover event: Insurgency?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by hardlurk, Apr 7, 2017.

1. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazon's description of the Revolutionaries v2 trade paperback has been updated to mention an upcoming crossover: Insurgency.

"The team-up of the year continues as the TRANSFORMERS' Kup and Blackrock, G.I. JOE's Mayday, and Action Man join forces with the likes of Optimus Prime, Sgt. Savage, and more to unravel the secrets of the newly-formed shared universe! Leading in to the next major crossover, Hasbro's INSURGENCY! [...] Bridging the gap between the first major Hasbro event, Revolution, and the newest crossover, Insurgency!"

Revolutionaries, Vol. 2: Power and Glory: John Barber, Fico Ossio: 9781684050154: Amazon.com: Books

(Be warned, the full description contains some spoilers for forthcoming issues of Revolutionaries.)

• Like Like x 2
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Leopard5

Leopard5 Human in disguise

News Credits:
    I Hope it´s better than Revolution

3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  4. hardlurk

News Credits:
    I KNOW RIGHT ITS SO EXCITING THE ELLIPSIS JUST GUSH OUT OF YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I'm speechless there might be another crossover. I don't want anymore of them and not this fast. I'm done with these.

• Like Like x 2
  6. hardlurk

News Credits:
    why would there ever not be crossovers whats the point of having a shared corporate multimedia franchise universe if ur not gonna be all crossovers all the time

• Like Like x 5
  7. Leopard5

Leopard5 Human in disguise

News Credits:
    I just hope they don´t go the Marvel way and start doing mediocre crossovers every summer

• Like Like x 2
  8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Because they suck and delay the story lines. Many of us have given up on marvel or DC because of this. I will do the same with idw if that continues.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hardlurk

News Credits:
    yeah RID/TF/OP is doomed r.i.p. in peace

10. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Space Knight

News Credits:
    Awesome! Revolution was awesome, so I'm down for another event.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    While I'm not going to be giving up on idw altogether, I do agree with your sentiment.

I read transformers books because I like transformers. I don't give a shit about Mask, Rom, Micronauts, action man, or Gijoe (and sticking a single transformer into each of those books doesn't make me care)

In the paraphrased words of Hank Hill
    "You're not making Gijoe better, you're making Transformers worse"

• Like Like x 3
  12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You can have characters crossover from time to time without bringing every series in the entire line to a screeching halt every few months, which only a very few people don't hate. The way the Marvel Universe USED to do -- have Daredevil show up in Spider-Man or have Moon Knight show up in Defenders or whatever -- before the constant line-wide events that everyone is burned out on.

Most fans already hated almost all of the crossover events IDW did which were only between RID and MTMTE. The new ones will be even worse and more intrusive.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Space Knight

News Credits:
    I never understood this mentality. You don't HAVE to buy or read the crossovers. Revolution's impact on the actual events of the TF books was minimal, with the biggest change being "G.I. Joe is in the book set on Earth instead of the EDC." At least Revolution (and now Insurgency) was an idea IDW came up with themselves rather than something Hasbro mandated like Combiner Wars.

• Like Like x 4
  14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What you do have to do is wait an extra few months for the story YOU were enjoying -- that got stopped dead in its tracks for the most artificial of reasons -- to resume. Imagine you're watching Empire Strikes Back for the first time, and right before Han gets frozen in carbonite, suddenly the entire story gets put on pause so that the characters can have an unrelated adventure with Indiana Jones, the crew of the Nostromo, and MacReady from John Carpenter's The Thing.

It kills the drama dead and is freaking rude to the readers.

• Like Like x 6
  15. hardlurk

News Credits:
    yeah i like how the characters and mythologies are popping up cross-title, i'm having more fun with revolutionaries than with LL/OP/TAAO, and some of the mini-series (wrath of karza, rom vs tf) might be cool but, every single linewide story-interupting crossover has been disappointing

so of course they're gonna keep doing them

• Like Like x 1
  16. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Space Knight

News Credits:
    I'd argue that didn't really happen with Revolution. The events of ExRID flowed right into Revolution, and MTMTE had just ended The Dying of the Light, the massive conclusion to Season 2, on a cliffhanger, so taking a few issues to check in with other supporting characters actually kept the suspense of TDotL's cliffhanger before the series returned as Lost Light. Maybe you could argue TAAO was interrupted, but their tie-in came in between story arcs, so it fit in quite naturally.

Are you kidding? That sounds freaking awesome! I'd watch that right now! (And again, I'd say its more like those characters showing up at the end of Empire).

• Like Like x 2
  17. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's funny because DC and Marvel still do events and the fans still read them, doesn't matter if they hate the events as long as their buying them.

You don't need to read any of the other comics to understand what's happening in the TF comics. This complete is so overblown it's ridiculous.

They already do that with OP having Joes in it and team book with Revolutionaries

Just becusce they were the loudest voices doesn't make them most fans, especially when it's the same people over and over again.

Are any of you reading LL/OP/TAAO? becusce Revolution hasn't done anything to change those comics other than saying they share a universe.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Revolution was, barring the first issue being kinda slow, siiiiiiiiick, so I'm not particularly worried about this.

That being said, it does seem weird that they'd do another line-wide crossover so soon. You have to assume it'll be introducing something new - maybe a big 'hello world' for the Inhumanoids after their presumed introduction in G.I. Joe's second arc?

• Like Like x 2
  19. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    As a matter of fact I do read OP, LL, and TAAO.

And these crossover events do affect those books. They bring the books I enjoy to a screeching halt faster than a laminated copy of Texas states Romeo and Juliet laws.

I had to go 4 months without MTMTE. And the conclusion of Titans return (via taao) got delayed for 3 months.

The upcoming TF vs Rom book. That's a crossover done right. A mostly self contained story that does not derail the main book.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Space Knight

News Credits:
    ??? My friend, I'm not sure if your math is right there.

MTMTE #57 - Cover dated September, released September 28.
    MTMTE Revolution - Cover dated November, released December 7.
    LL #1 - Cover dated December, released December 14.

Number of months without an issue of MTMTE released: 1 (well, technically 2, I guess, but considering you got MTMTE Revolution and LL #1 back-to-back, I think that makes up for it).

As for TAAO, because the release of the first issue got pushed back, it wasn't going to align with the other Titans Return books either, hence why they converted that into the second arc of the book rather than making it part of the branded crossover. Even then, the MTMTE issue was released in September and TAAO #5 was released in November, so only one month passed between them.

• Like Like x 1