next henkei/united series

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grandum, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How will it affect you when Takara releases warpath, windcharger and all the "rare" figures of today?

Will a Takara windcharger for $15 make you laugh or cry for example?

2. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There are $5 Windchargers being sold in the US right now, so... no.

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will not care in the least as I purchased everything I wanted at retail. $15 scouts and $35 deluxes do not interest me.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

You seem to take it for granted that these things will happen. I'm not so sure...

5. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

Personally I won't bat an eye when Warpath, Windcharger and all the missing RTS and Generations figures eventually get their Takara treatment. Hasbro nailed it with Warpath, the color is just right and there's no need for any kind of chrome or metallic paint or anything like that. I don't see how Takara could possibly improve on it, only make it worse really, like they did with United Grapple... where they didn't even bother to mold a color appropriate head, just paint the Hasbro one Yellow, lame.

Windcharger, I was never really a fan but if i see him at Ross i'll pick him up for $5, but no more than that. Takara's version couldn't possibly make me want that figure more.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First thing, even if it's sold by itself, I doubt a Takara Windcharger will be sold for $15 by the time it arrives in the States with online retailers (or after shipping costs from Robot Kingdom and the like)...and if they package it with its repaint (a la Rumble/Frenzy in United), it'll be even more. I think Rumble and Frenzy were $50 or so when the preorder first went up with BBTS, so that's about $25 a pop. Cheaper than some of the recent eBay prices before the finds at Ross, but not ridiculously cheap either.

As for the general point...no, not really. I bought Drift and Blurr before seeing the United releases, ended up buying the United Drift and Blurr since I liked them better, and didn't feel annoyed or sad with myself or anyone else. Though I did get a Warpath at retail from HTS, even if I had jumped on a marked up BBTS listing or an eBay listing, I'd still have it and wouldn't have purchased it if I wasn't prepared to pay that elevated price anyways. Buying it from Takara, with or without extra paint apps that might make it "nicer" than the U.S. release, won't be much cheaper anyways (a United Voyager was initially about $55 or so from online retailers).

You buy anything for an elevated price, you always have to keep in mind the possibility that it could be found cheaper elsewhere for a variety of reasons (warehouse find, reissue, ignored auction, kind seller, better version sold later on, etc.).

7. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    My life will go on either way. Although I may pick up a Windcharger. Don't know why, don't really care for the figure.