Next Gen Unreal Engine Video

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

oooooh, someone make a new bladerunner game quick

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks amazing.

4. Vla

Vla Well-Known Member

Really, it looks almost like movie! The only bad things I've noticed is not very realistic movements (character animation) sometimes, and weird color of the main character's skin, when he looks like human. It's too saturated, I guess. But it's a texturer error, not the engine.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very impressive, but honestly it seems about par as a natural progression for the upcoming generation of gaming.

6. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    To be honest, it looks like EXTREMELY high end current gen. It's nothing that took me by surprise, which I'd expect to be if it were next gen. I'd have hoped for the same kind of leap that was seen PS2 - PS3. Maybe I'm too critical, I just didn't feel myself wowed by it. It looks nice, but not beyond expectations... I don't suppose anyone knows what I mean. Hate this damn language, sometimes. ;)  I'd have a better feeling of it if I saw gameplay footage, who knows, the engine power might be used to focus on other things besides shiny graphics.

7. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    No, I know what you mean, kinda the point I was trying to make. We've had games like Gears of War look great on the unreal engine five years ago, and others earlier for PC. So yeah, by the time a new console comes out, say another 2 years, maybe more, this video is about par with what I would expect, and beyond for a high end PC. Of course, that's for high budget, major releases.

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

If I am going to drop some big money on a new (sony or microsoft) console in the next few years, the graphics need to look much better than that. The visuals there are not bad, it just looks like a slightly toned up version of games that already exist. Like, if I were playing that on my TV, if I squinted a little, it would look as good as any good looking current gen game.

9. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Overall, yeah, but games can look pretty damn good nowadays. There's a ton of subtelty shown here in terms of mostly lighting and texture, but I do expect next generation consoles to meet and exceed this, and of course PC to. But not every game would have the budget to feature persistant art like this throughout their entirety.