Next Encore Reissues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mpau25, Jul 8, 2012.

1. mpau25

mpau25 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a clue on what the next Encore Reissue will be? I hope that the line is still alive and planning to chug away!

Made the dumb choice back in the early 2000's to sell my entire collection! Just got back into Transformers again after 10+ years thanks to that lovely Vehicon and have been using the Encore reissues to help rebuild my old G1 collection!

Twincast and Soundblaster didn't really do anything for me, but loved the previous release of Devastator!

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    The next release is Sixshot :)  No announcements have been made for the next reissue though.

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Sixshot is the next reissue but it has been stated as not an Encore release iirc. As to the next Encore release I don't know.

4. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yah,right on,that is what i am about to say,is a similar reissue just like way back years ago when God Ginrai is being reissue. Sixshot is not reissue under the Encore series.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Short answer is, we have no idea.

As posted above, Sixshot is the next release, but is apparently a stand-alone reissue (similar to the original Sixshot reissue along with Galvatron, Star Convoy, Rodimus Prime, Ginrai and a few others) that will be an Asian market exclusive.

Whether Encore is yet again seemingly dead (right after being somewhat bizarrely being picked back up with Devs, Soundblaster and Twincast) or whether it's on hiatus for a bit is unknown until Takara makes some kind of announcement one way or the other.

It's a bit annoying, but if you want more reissues, cross your fingers and hope that Takara isn't taking a step back from the reissue market for a while. I can deal with waiting several months until the next release (even early next year, what with all the other stuff due out later, like the forthcoming MPs) as long as Takara isn't abandoning reissues.

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thought sixshot was ehobby?

7. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at the molds they are using for other Takara lines (They used the sixshot mold for Brave Police J-Decker) Maybe Galaxy shuttle?

I have no idea. Would love a Metrotitan, Menasor or Trypticon though.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I'd prefer them to add painted decals to the toys than for them to have stickers still.

I don't like how the stickers peel over time and don't want them covering up molded details or be subject to sloppy application but neither do I like the toys looking plain.

Ideally, I would want them all to be repainted like how the 2008 Encore Bumblebee ( Bumblebee (2004) - Cybertron Espionage - www.tfu.info ) was with new paint where before there was no paint. Other than yellow on his arms and perhaps clear windows, I couldn't ask for a better G1 Bumblebee. Thats the sort of thing I want to see continue.

9. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    God ,what I would give for a Galaxy shuttle reissue, that guy and blue bacchus ( blue mega pretender remold ) are the ONLY 2 Japanse G1 guys I am missing and Id love to give a new reissue to my boy as I am not going to be buying a 500 plus toy to just give to me 4 year old son LOL

10. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

Agree with what's said above.
    The dinobots have been rumored for a long time as has Trypticon. Wish this were true but I'd chock this up much more to wishful thinking than any kind of informed speculation.