Next classics run

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Burningsirius, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We all know there will be a new classics run after Generations/RTS. I am going to do some prognostication on what is going to be in it.

We know that there will be a retool of G2 Prime as someone else. Possibly Motormaster? Or another truck G1 Decepticon.

A retool of Warpath will be in the works probably as classics deluxe Hardhead. Everyone complains about how he will have a chest cannon... well I do not remember having a Hardhead style shoulder cannon on Warpath.

I am hoping (I got into classics late) for the Challenge at Cybertron Galvatron as a legacy redeco in the set. I would also like it for the more G1 accurate deco. Remember we got the Cyclonus and Hot Rod from this set. I hope that Hasbro does not sit on classics related material.

We have a legends Trailbreaker. Usually this means a deluxe is in the works. Warpath and Hound are proof enough they are hinting at such a Classics rework.

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm wondering what the next Classics line would be called. I'm guessing "Transformers Legends" will be the next Classics line's name.

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    That would be kinda confusing given there are still Legends class figures on some shelves.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they do some deluxes/scouts of the minibots (Beachcomber, Brawn, Outback, Gears, Cosmos). I'm kind of tired of them being always made tiny. I also want Deluxe Trailbreaker along with a Hoist retool.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Actually, they've conveniently been renamed "Legion" under the Cyberverse banner.

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I see the name Universe or Generations coming back.

7. cuters

cuters Diabolist

Trailbreaker would be more than nice but i would also like to see blitzwing and scout size bumble bee and cliffjumper their deluxe size is just to big.

8. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    They have, but again, they still have product with that labelling on the shelves :) 

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Since Hasbro is using the Vehicon name for TF Prime, I have a tiny bit of hope for BM Vehicon general updates. I really want figures that look like the characters.

10. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Im thinking Trailbreaker, Hoist, Arcee and Cosmos for the Bots. Blitzwing and Nightbird for the Cons. Haha, I have no clue. Mix in some WFC/FOC figures too.

11. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, I'd love to see Trailbreaker and Hoist, but we'll see.

12. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think we're getting a handful of repaints first if the new upcoming United lineup is any indication. Blargh. I'd love to be proven wrong with a Hoist/Trailbreaker and Blitzwing offering, even Arcee, but highly doubtful.

13. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    I want an idw toy series. Bring on sumpreme Thunderwing and Voyager Bludgeon :D 

14. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    How about looking beyond the first 3 years of G1? That would be start... but I won't be buying them anyway. I'd rather we got some new transformers.

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    There's that mysterious retool of Lugnut ahead too.

16. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Well, I'm going to speculate that the name will be More Than Meets The Eye, based on nothing whatsoever.

It's good reasoning that other legends - Jazz, Hound, Warpath - have had a bump up to deluxe so I'd expect Trailbreaker but would love Beachcomber or Cosmos.

It's an absolute shoe-in that we'll get some repaints, so I'd expect Stepper or Ricochet (from Jazz), maybe Swindle (from Hound, though we might get Beachcomber). There's that long-ago mentioned Reflector repaint of Perceptor (personally, I'd prefer Magnificus).

How far away is Fall of Cybertron? That's likely to throw up at least one new mould (Seeker, please), and another repaint (probably of Soundwave, which hasn't had one).

I don't know if we can count the WFC toys as our non-G1 Classics-verse quota filled for a bit. I'd like a bit of Transmetals or Beast Machines, don't see it happening.

So, ok, my best guess is: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE, launching (post-Prime) late 2012

Wave 1 of Trailbreaker, Hardhead, RTS Prime repaint, FOC Seeker
    Wave 2 of Ricochet, Hoist (obvious repaint), WFC Soundwave-repainted-as-something, FOC Seeker repaint
    Wave 3 of [a new mould, Shockwave or Cosmos could go here], Reflector, Hound-repaint, some-absolutely leftfield repaint

It would be nice if there's a voyager or a scout to freshen things up, maybe that Big Daddy repaint of ROTF Hubcap, but I wouldn't bank on it and would definitely have enough to go on from the above.

17. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    ^ wth is an FOC seeker??

18. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Sky Shadow and Junkheap ("wave 9") came nearly six months after Warpath ("wave 8" which also had lots of figure from the previous waves that many stores skipped) so they could keep Generations running with two repaint/remolds per wave when waves come about once per three months. And Universe 2 and Generations both got their proper starts during the summer months (so actual new Generations molds might start again in the summer).

Anyhow, I'd like to see a new G2 accurate deluxe tank Megatron. He needs a new "Earth" mode, partly to counter RtS laser Prime. And similar stuff to most people's lists (Trailbreaker, Hoist, Arcee, Blitzwing, Shockwave...).

And we always get repaints of the Classics Bumblebee & Starscream in (or near for 3-pack Bee) the current lines. If Blitzwing does happen, Hasbro and Takara should repaint Astrotrain into each others initial color schemes to accompany him.

+-MWG-+

19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I'm gonna jump on the Trailbreaker / Hoist bandwagon, I'm also hoping they keep with the name Generations.
    I would like more obscure repaints like Black Shadow, so I hope they keep the dual-head molding thing going on, that makes the most sense out of everything Takbro have done in the last few years.
    I'd like the occasional Movie character designed in a Classics aesthetic, Barricade especially. As we've had Blackout in Animated, and Lockdown in the movie range, I think this crossover is worth exploring.
    FOC figures would be nice dispersed into the range. More G2. Bascally, lots of variety as the promise of Generations would imply.

20. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I just really want Hoist, Blitzwing, Springer and a rerelease/repaint classics Skywarp. I'd be extremely happy with those figures, in that order.