Next cartoon to look just like WFC...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by guard convoy, Feb 28, 2010.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i just realized this.....what we were told is that the next show will be cgi, and it is possible that war for cybertron will be the prequel for it.....what do you think about the next cartoon having the same graphics we have seen in the trailers as in cutscenes (not the small gameplay we saw).....if like this I WELCOME IT

2. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

That would be totally awesome! :D 
    I've been hoping it's really good cgi and not like beast wars. The cgi in that show stops me from watching it.

3. guard convoy

News Credits:
    now now, Beast wars had some great CGI, sure it is a bit dated compared to some stuff of today, but that was some groundbreaking stuff.....as long as the cgi isn't like A/E/C i will be fine, i REALLY hope the show looks like the game cutscenenes we have got (cause that would be awesome)

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I agree with Autobot Girl... that would be totally awesome!

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Quoted for fucking truth.

6. guard convoy

News Credits:
    heck i shouldn't have said armada cause it wasn't even cgi, oh well, you guys get the point hahaha

7. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe it'll be some cheap animation, with lame story based on PCC and aimed at small children, just like AEC.

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wanna take bets? =P

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Hasbro said at Toy Fair that the WfC designs were all property of Activision (therefore the toys have licensing issues in the same way the movie ones do), so I don't think WfC will be a true prequel from what we've seen so far. While I'd dig a cartoon with those graphics, what other CGI series are on children's television right now and how do their graphics measure up to WfC? I ask only because the only children's CGI I've seen lately is on Nick's Fanboy and Chum Chum so I don't know the standard these days.

10. guard convoy

News Credits:
    the designs would change cause they go to earth......

11. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Sadly there's a better then average chance that it'll be close to that.

Personally I'm not all that fond of the WFC style. Too much of a "poorly designed TF skin over a Gears of War model" look for my taste (still I like more then Animated).

I just hope one day we can get a decently written story with some well funded animation. Something like a mix between G.I.Joe Resolute and the Studio Ox Transformers art.

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Well then you're just implying that they're going to make an entire cartoon using the Unreal 3 Game Engine. Kind of a waste of resources to animate a cartoon show using an engine that's cost is based around the fact that it does way more than just make over-glorified cut scenes.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  13. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It can be made in Flash as far as I'm concerned. The main purpose is to sell toys, so there's not much to expect here other than the casual G1 homage that everybody loves.

It'd be nice to see Generations/Universe characters on it anyway. Classics was amazing but completely ignored by the movie and cartoon.

Oh and while WFC seems to be a good TF game, the best TF game ever has yet to come - the follow up to WFC, on Earth.

14. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    if this indeed the lead in we thought then i hope we get earth bound tf toys and a game sequel. and given what we have seen with the game a cartoon would look sweet

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    As long as the CGI is Beast Wars and Machines quality...

I keep getting the feeling its gonna be a movie-based series. Why?

1. Animated began after the first film, and ended right before the second. Filler.
    2. A new series would've probably began either last fall or this spring if it was a filler like Animated
    3. Orci and Kurtzman are helping out.
    4. Probably too complicated to make the movie designs cartoon style
    5. If it was a Animated-like filler series, it would be cancelled right before the third film, but its beginning this fall
    6. If its a film tie-in, then they wouldn't have to cancel this new series - more pimping out the movie toys.

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    My bets are still on it being a new, definitve take on G1. That's what all the hints have been pointing at.

As for the actual quality...It depends on how much money they'll throw at it. But Hasbro seems to be banking on it for being one of the flagshows of their new channel; the involvement of Orci and Kurtzman says as much. Then there's the whole "TFA season 3 was darker because of the Clone Wars" thing, which might be a sign that Hasbro is intent on having their own show that will rival it in both quality and scope.

Speculation of course, but I hope I'm right. A TF show with at least the CGI quality of the Clone Wars would kick some serious ass.

17. fallen2341

fallen2341 Well-Known Member

that would be awesome.
    good speculation :) 

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    nah

19. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'd prefer it not be cgi but whatever, as long as the show is good and the characters as expressive as in beastwars I'll be happy

20. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Be seeing you...

So long as the story and animation are not irritating, I'm good. I didn't know what to expect from Animated and was very pleasantly surprised. Then again, Kurtzman and Orci are not exactly my favorite writers (and that's more because of Star Trek than the TF films), but I'll give it a chance.