Next Alternity speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paxtin, Aug 19, 2010.

?

Who do you think will be the next Alternity figure?

1. Jazz

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Prowl

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Hot rod/Rodimus

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Ironhid/Ratchet

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. Hound

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. Wheeljack

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Arcee

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  8. Grimlock

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. Other

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Thought it seemed like a good time to start up one of these again.

If the Alternity line continues to follow the pattern it has so far, then the next figure will likely be another Autobot/Cybertron. Who do you think it'll be?

Feel free to speculate alt-mode model or attached fiction, as well.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, this is certainly not a given, but it's worth thinking about what the other Alternitys have in common.

1) They weren't Alternators
    2) They weren't necessarily characters who traditionally turned into cars.
    3) They were quite redeco friendly.
    4) They were all absolutely top tier in popularity (or redecoed from someone who was).

That in mind, here is my wild, totally unjustified speculation, in no particular order.

A) Prowl. He's VERY redeco friendly, and his role as second-in-command to Prime is well established. Also fairly popular.
    B) Soundwave. Yes, I went there. There are still a fairly limited number of interpretations of the G1 character. He's got to be the most popular character who has never been an Alternator OR an Alternity. You can redeco him as Soundblaster or...and this fills in your Autobot/Cybertron...Blaster. If they got really creative they could even cram in a Ravage/Steeljaw/Tigatron minion, as an engine or something. God, that might be my first Alternity. XD
    C) Rodimus. Why? Because he's a Convoy. They could also pay homage to the Alternators and redeco him as Mirage. God, THAT (Mirage) might be my first Alternity.
    D) Grimlock. He's popular and redecos to Overkill or Trypticon, or even Dinobot. Don't know if they want to do yet another "car" altmode for a "dinosaur" character though. I need to stop speculating...an Alternity Dinobot would DEFINITELY be my first Alternity!

Anyway, I hope this line goes on just so I see where they do go next. THey've just finished covering the "top tier."

3. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh wow, I'd forgotten that Ironhide and Ratchet never showed up in Alternators either. Hmm, might be a good opportunity for another non-sports car mode (somehow not seeing those characters as slick and fancy).

4. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say someone they can milk 2 maybe 3 times. Who would be a candidate for that?

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Cone heads.....

6. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'd be a little surprised if the next Decepticon/Destron Alternity isn't Soundwave.
    His Alternity power could be that he has a wormhole in his chest that he uses to summon an infinite number of minions to his command.
    (Infinite number of minions not included.)

Well like Anguirus was saying, Prowl would be good, cause then you can get Smokescreen and Silver/blue streak.
    And then there is always Ironhide and Ratchet.

7. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TAKARA WHY MUST YOU IMPOVERSH MEEEEE.

I mean, I almost bought Megatron just for being a samurai. I'm tempted by Thundercracker because he's defecting to the Autobots in IDW so a car mode for him almost makes sense. A Soundwave might just open the floodgates, lol.

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I voted for Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, mostly because he's a Prime/Convoy as was pointed out and would make sense to me....but he's also getting a Masterpiece figure soon so I don't know if that would help (he's a big enough name to warrant being the next MP mold, so why not Alternity too) or hurt (Takara may not want to release another expensive Hot Rod/Rodimus toy on the heels of a Rodimus MP that won't be cheap either) his cause.

If it's not him, I could definitely see Ironhide/Ratchet because they weren't Alternators. Either Prowl or Sideswipe are easy to see because of the repaint possibilities for each.

As for Decepticons...I'm pretty much assuming it'll be Soundwave too with a Soundblaster repaint. I'd be curious to see what a third repaint would be (Blaster, and maybe a fourth repaint for Twincast...or Shockwave with some remolding?).

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Oh, duh. I can't believe I forgot to put Sideswipe/Sunstreaker on the poll. I could actually see that very well likely being the next Alternity mold.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Don't know about A-05, but A-06 if the current Cybertron-Destron pattern keeps up would be Soundwave with a black Soundblaster redeco and a white redeco as well possibly.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It'll be Kremzeek.

12. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

Though all the suggestions in the poll are good, I want a US release of Alternity Convoy so I can pick him up cheaper!

Followed by Ironhide

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's going to be Prowl, purely due to repaint possibilities.

14. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

Hasbro categorically stated Alternity is a Takara only effort...and you know that even if the line was conceived to be used by Hasbro, they'd cut the fat out of it to lower the price point.

15. Urluck

Urluck unimportant

Makes sense given the cannon colour varients. On that theme, perhaps a drone/cannon fodder team associated with the Decpticons, Sweeps, Reflector, or Sharkticons.

16. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I want to see 5 brand new mold alternity Stunticons figures that combine to form Menasor. motormaster could be some sort of pick up truck.

17. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

That'd be a pricey combiner, given the limbs would be around $50 bucks each.

18. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

My money is on soundwave. First of all, there is no BT/ALT soundwave (like the seekers), 2nd of all, they could repaint it black for soublaster or red/orange for blaster. Its going to be repainted if it comes out, we know that already.