Next 3 DC Direct to DVD

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    "All-Star Superman," "Green Lantern: Emerald Knights" and "Batman: Year One."

Timm called All-Star Superman his favorite Superman comic ever. "They brought an amazing freshness to Superman, but at the same time honored the Silver Age wackiness. It's a great combination of old and new. Watching the movie, it feels like the definitive Superman movie. I think it's one of the best movies we've ever made," Timm said. Tuesday September 21, 2010 11:45
    11:45
    [​IMG]"Batman: Year One, one of my favorite Batman comics of all time. I've loved that book for 20-some years. It's really, really faithful to the comic," Timm said, noting that Murphy wrote the screenplay for that one as well. Tuesday September 21, 2010 11:45

11:46
    [​IMG]Timm said that Year One is "very strictly realistic, and definitely based on the Frank Mazzucchelli art." He also said it's "the entire comic," and adapting it actually came up a little short, and they had to figure out what to expand without adding anything. Tuesday September 21, 2010 11:46

11:48
    [​IMG]"Green Lantern: Emerald Knights" is an anthology with each section focusing on a different member of the Green Lantern Corps, specifically mentioning Abin Sur, Sinestro and Kilowog. There will be a unifying theme connecting each installment.

2. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Awesome. Year One. But, while I love Batman and anything Batman-related, I wish they would do something else like a stand-alone Flash movie or the Judas Contract.

I am absolutely psyched for All-Star Superman and GL. I wonder if Daly will be Supes again?

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These all sound awesome. I wish we'd get Infinity Crisis, and maybe not forced into one DVD, but rather released in multiple parts.

Or this for sure.... and don't hurt me for saying this, but I'd all die if they made a Hawkworld movie, or simply a Hawkman movie, but not Earthbased.

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

It all sounds good, but I'd be more excited if the Green Lantern: Emerald Knights was based on the storyarc of the same title.

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Will buy all three of these without hesitation or reserve. Two of them adaptations of some of what are considered their character's finest stories put to print, and Green Lantern is just cool :p 

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty proud of my DCU Bluray collection. The only one I need to update to BD is Wonderwoman. I was a fucking dumbass for thinking I wouldn't like it. Once I watched it on DVD the regret kicked in.

7. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

I thought they said they couldn't do Year One because of Frank Miller? Or was that DKR?

Meh, either way, these should be pretty cool.

*hopes for 90-minute Superman for all Seasons*

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking foward to Emerald Knights the most since I love me some GL, never read Year One or All Star Supes but I look foward to them as well. Wish they would do an Identity Crisis movie though.

9. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Heck. Yes. Superman for all Seasons would be amazing. Kryptonite would be decent follow-up imo.

10. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Here's hoping they can get Victor Garber back as Sinestro. His is the perfect voice for Sinestro.

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I'm still looking forward to watch Superman-Batman Apocalypse. I'm glad they're still doing new titles. They keep making, i'll keep watching. If only Marvel put out stuff like this.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nice! I'm looking forward to these - hoping for a Mogo segment on the GL one. Batman Year One will be awesome, though I'd prefer Year Two with The Reaper.

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll pick up the GL Emerald Knights one eventually (still don't have First Flight), but don't care about the others.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Interested in the GL movie stuff.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    All-Star Superman? Hell yes!