Nexon broke something

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by domientius, Nov 22, 2007.

1. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Nexon ran a MapleStory server check a couple days ago and managed to really foul things up. Trades between players wouldn't work, some players lost a good deal of earned experience points, cash shop purchasing was messed up, etc.

I got hit pretty light. Only 1 character(the bowman) lost anything. Just a couple thousand EXP(roughly 0.25%) and some meaningless items. The other 2 were unaffected.

Nexon has sorta fixed things by doing a rollback of a couple of days. Not all problems are fixed yet though. Due to all the people who lost EXP(lots lost a few levels worth) Nexon is running a double experience event for the next few days(8AM-8PM). And anyone who's account had any lost EXP whatsoever got a free 2X EXP cash shop card- the 1-day "all day long" card, but coded to last 4 full days. Figure that's about a $10 value.

The best part? They stack. Poeple can get 4X EXP during the event with the cards. I got the card and shot my mage from Lv 25 to Lv 30 in about 2 hours.

2. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I think the best part... I'd transferred a good deal of in-game money from my bowman to the mage at one point. After the bump which took the few items and EXP away, the money was duplicated back in my bowman's pocket, but left the mage with the money anyway. Even after their rollback, I still have the extra money.