Newsarama has a few pages of Regeneration One #80.5

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Thundershot, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL that in that bunch of images, one is there from "Carwash of Doom", the one issue always brought up as an example of a silly issue.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Troll it is. Nobody is this stupid. Fine, you're hilarious.

3. Newholl

Newholl Banned

Look at the new pages and then at the page I've linked!

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Come on, how long can you keep the joke going? I've already said you are hilarious. Isn't that enough for you to move on? Hahaha a real knee-slapper.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome. A reason for me to start buying comics again :rock 

6. WreckageGhost

WreckageGhost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if all the action masters will have action master bodies or not.

Anyway I really can't wait.

7. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    don't feed the Trolls

[​IMG]

8. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The pages in this Newsarama preview were already posted by both Simon Furman (writer) and Andrew Wildman (artist) on their respective blogs. Andrew Wildman has stated he is the artist, Simon Furman states he is the artist (in the back cover editorial none the less), and IDW Publishing has marketed the comic as the artwork being the work of Andrew Wildman.

Case in point? Andrew Wildman is the artist, not Don Perlin.

It's not an opinion - it's fact. And not "my word is holier than thou" fact, but straight up in your face by the artist and the company putting out the book fact.

Continuing to state that the artwork is not Andrew Wildman will be considered trolling and infractions handed out as such. The fact I have to state that in this thread is just maddening...

9. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    You had me with Springer, but lost me with Delbo. That wasn't the best time for the US run.

________

Baskerville's inking seems really fine in this preview, possibly due to technical advancements, but it doesn't seem particularly bold. Otherwise, its all gold to me.

I guess the kiddies are going to obsess over Wildman/Baskerville's rendering, but hopefully the new series will be able to give them an appreciation for the refined art of panel blocking and composition for effective storytelling.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't think the US run had a best time, except maybe for the few issues Senior drew. Springer, Delbo, and Perlin and their more Caniff-inspired styles were all better-suited to other, more human comics.

11. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd actually been under the impression that Perlin had passed away several years back. It was nice to find out he's still with us.

And really Perlin did good work on Transformers. #15 was only his third issue, if I recall correctly. By the time he got into the #20s and #30s, he was doing excellent work on the book.

12. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers comics didn't have a good artist until Dreamwave. I don't like the "human in bad-fitting armor" style of late G1. I disagree that it makes for more emorion in the robots. I think it makes them look stupid. And this is from a true G1er. I first got into TF when G1 issue 5 hit the stands. I remember because I bought 1-4 as a bundle and the comic shop guy said "oh, here's the new issue" and aded #5 to my pile.

13. WreckageGhost

WreckageGhost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the old g1 stlye is fine for what it is. A "classic" feel.

14. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you're embarasing yourself - just stop it.

15. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I was there for the original G1 comics, and as much as I liked TFs in the 80s, even then as a kid I hated the artwork for the comics. As a kid I even realized these were out of touch old style comic artists that didn't understand how to draw robots or futuristic tech. The art was sub par even back then, and now it just looks even more pitiful. If your artist only understands how to draw humans, then get a freaking different artist. Most of the G1 characters always looked like humans in metal suits and that reason is due to old ass out of touch 70s artists that only knew how to draw spandex super heroes. They weren't drawn like that to make them relatable. Some of the artists even openly hated robots and drew them like people on purpose as a protest to having to draw robots.

One person's good art is another's bad nostalgia.

16. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. So very much this!

Never got back into the classic Joe comics, but I thought that idea was fantastic, VERY glad that it is finally happening for Transformers!

17. PrimeOQZ

PrimeOQZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Wildman and Baskerville. They represent the 90s style so it does seem different to those not used to it in transformers. For me, it's that feeling of finding those comics in a box that were produced but were never read. Awesome.

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, I was born in 1987! I didn't discover the Marvel series till I tracked down the IDW omnibuses (someone on this site sold me most of 'em) a year or two ago. I think they are pure gold as far as entertainment goes. Sure we could nitpick them to death, but it almost feels like missing the point. The retro charm is just relentlessly entertaining. And I'm glad to see #81 pick up right from #80. Retro style, but modern production values so it doesn't seem forced.

Love my Figueroa, Roche, Milne issues, but also makes me happy to go back and look at Wildman. I like how he made Pretenders, Action Masters, classic Transformers, and Headmasters all look different, and yet the same, as if products of the same technology. He also had a knack for action and crowd scenes IMO.

Anyway, putting Wildman on this book certainly distinguishes this project from Yet Another G1 Reboot Syndrome.

19. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I agree, they weren't forerunners in a modern style. I'm sure none of them expected to be drawing robots when they aspired to pencil comics for Marvel... Perhaps ROM Spaceknight?

Yeah, I found the US comic to be quite bland at the time, especially compared to the UK product. But I've since grown quite fond of the Headmasters mini series, despite, (Or because of), it's apparent silliness.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  20. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

it looks cool, but where was this 5 years ago when i was able to afford buying this shit, and supported crappy ass comics. oh well hopefully able to afford trades someday. Im sure there will be some big whoop-tee-do crossover. yea...where was this shit five years ago when all my money went to crap.