Newsarama Exclusive Heart of Darkness #4 preview.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by artiepants, Jun 27, 2011.

1. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do they get a total badass like Casey Coller to draw the cover then throw Farina's ... THINGS at us? Major turn-off.

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Ow ow ow the art burns my eyes...

It's just sad how good Coller's cover is compared to the garbage inside. Don't judge a book by its cover, indeed.

4. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    I laugh everytime I see that Galvatron. God that is hideous. Collar really is a badass though. Enough with the covers and get back to the pages.

5. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The artwork isn't too bad (it's quite detailed) but waay too stylize imo for a TF comic.

6. artiepants

News Credits:
    everything i've seen of this is really so poor that i frankly kinda can't believe it's being published... all the solid-to-deecent artists IDW has in it's stable, and they are putting this out? Roche, Milne, Guido, Collar, Musso, Su, Figuero, Khanna, Matarre, Raiz, etc were ALL unavailable?

revisiting Furman's set up, and the can't get him to write it? (i still can't believe this is the same DnA writing team that did the solid Annihilation or the current HIGHLY ENTERTAINING ~ and funny ~ Heroes for Hire)

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The artwork is too bad. in fact, it's terrible that someone is getting paid to turn something like this in. this type of detail doesn't require skill, just the patience to throw it at the paper.

Look at this awkward, fat mess of a Galvatron.

Look at the pose at the top left here He looks completely bored while fighting for his life. He's also pointing his gun behind him, while looking away from whatever he's trying to aim at.

Farina is completely devoid of anything resembling talent. That he was allowed to do one issue, let alone an entire miniseries, is a tragedy. That IDW expects people to pay actual currency for this is wrong.

The only way something like this should be acceptable is if it were a result of the Make a Wish program.

Yes, I really do not like these scribbles this man has made.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The artwork is just embarrassingly atrocious.

9. artiepants

News Credits:
    the dialog, especially on the last 2 pages of the preview, is just as bad.

10. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wants 3rd Party Knock Out

Only excuse IDW can give to me is that they are saving the good artists for the "CHAOS" event.

11. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The art is indeed terrible in this issue. The writing is so so, but the art hurts my eyes. Maybe this is how they want us to go "dark".

12. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Aw man... Tap-Out went hi-then-die...

13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    While I find the general storyline interesting and will have to pick up this last issue of the series since I already got the other 3, I have to agree that the artwork is seriously bad. It looks like something I would draw in my junior high art class. The proportions are what really kills it for me, just so so wrong in most, if not all, pages of series so far.

The only thing I can think of is that they were trying a different style or purposefully drew it with horrible proportions to mimic an older style of comics but that really doesnt excuse it all.

I'm looking forward to Chaos and I'm really hoping they never use this style EVER again.

14. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

Artistic License is one thing, but since when does Cyclonus have a tiny segmented beard? And, also, why does Galvatron look like Sunstreaker, but with more teeth?

15. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This series has been a total 'FAIL' and does not even interest me anymore, even though I've subbed the comics and have to have them.

16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a free lancer who had applied to IDW a few years back seeing what their knocking out now really makes me scratch my head.

Now I don't have a clue who the artist is I'm guessing one of the regulars for those shorts ran off the IDW site and DA and while it is good... it still kinda comes off as fan art in places notably faces.

I dunno I don't want to say its bad since if I had the chance to jump from fan art to official art I'd be quite hurt to see people slam it but.... then theirs this part of me "the freelancer part who wants a paycheck just as much as the other 100's of artists" that thinks... they must not of had much of a budget and gone with a cheap reliable option.... or their insane

still at the end of the day its a product that I dont need to buy and I still have the option to go over Roche's older comics and enjoy them again so its of no real lose to me

17. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    BARF.

18. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

omg this is so bad... i cant believe that they,re even publishing this.... i miss the days of dreamwave where the drawings were outstanding.... this is why i abandonned idw... poor story and shitty drawing

we need real talent NOW

19. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It makes me so sad that the story is actually pretty good. I even like the galvatron redesign. But the artwork is fucking atrocious.

20. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

the facial expressions, most of them look apathetic.
    and whats up with the cover? it looks nice.

but you know what, i like seeing these comics now and then, something captivating about a train wreck.