News Story About Hasbro Working Conditions (Post 261 for Hasbro's statement)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by s10blazed, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CG76

CG76 Headmaster

I posed this on Hisstank as well:

This report is a crock of sh#t. It shows you can't believe everything you read. Anyone can just photoshop a corporate logo on any piece of paper. The authors of this report fail to say or make clear that Hasbro does not own the factory. They outsource labor to local Chinese factories. If one factory breaks a labor rule, then blame the Chinese government for not enforcing the rules, not Hasbro.

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Oh totally... because Hasbro probably has no idea whatsoever about what happens in the same factory/factories that manufacture their products. That would, like, require even just one person getting on a plane for a day. And as we know, poor little Hasbro doesn't have that kind of budget to travel to China a couple times per year. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes2 

3. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Hmmmmmm...

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Your post was an interesting read. I did my time in a factory and it was pretty miserable. We do it for the money or to survive.

5. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

w:

Aaron's was indeed a good read. The forge shop, now that was Mordor and I loved it so. Lots of huge dangerous machines, crashing things, fire, dirt, grease, darkness, heat in summer, cold in winter, and scale flying everywhere. How many places can you have random small fires cropping up, because somebody put a hot bar on a greasy floor, and nobody really cares unless it gets too big? Practically everybody there was a country boy, and maybe some of us didn't know any better, including me, at the time, but the place itself was metal. Karhukjnsi would have been in ecstasy. :D 

BUT! We had hardhats and we had earmuffs. We had steel toes with met guards, and scale screens and press pullback safeties and weekends and big cooling fans. We weren't forced to work 12 hour days, and we weren't forced not to talk to each other! They did screw with people, but if they had screwed with people to the degree of this Jet Fair place, it would have been hell.

It's not factories that are the problem, but factories that suck, and factories that suck make goods that suck.

6. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Your point being? There are tons of sweatshops all over the world for everything. Yet some people that decry them shop for the products pumped out by them.

Nothing new.

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I knew this thread was going to be goddamn ******ed but I was still shocked and amazed. I don't even know where to start, so I just won't bother. USA #1, BITCHES!

I could accept deliberate ignorance or apathy or complacency but holy shit, actual defending and apologetics?

Mmmhmm, by "faught and worked" you mean had a nation built by imported slave and quasi-slave labour and then was the only western country that didn't have it's infrastructure bombed to shit during WW2?

8. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

You know, I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm, but could we not turn this thread into a rant about how much America sucks? Just this once?

9. Robot.MacGyver

Robot.MacGyver Improvisational Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't like commenting about things like this here.
    My opinion.
    Not saying that sweatshops don't exist, or that Corporate America doesn't use them.
    It's despicable if you ask me.
    People have a right to earn a living and live in peace.
    I despise that people are taken advantage of.

The fact is, this does happen, right under everyone's nose, and most people aren't even aware of it.
    Greed has got to be the worst evil.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

If I believed this article to be true in the slightest, I'd be pissed.

That being said.
    I don't see a single solitary shred of credible proof in the "article".
    Everything is conjecture and obviously biased.
    Every pic of someone doing something is akin to a UFO pic. UNCLEAR.
    The slummy photo's could have been taken anywhere.
    I don't see rows of people, assembling toys.
    As a matter of fact I don't see people doing much of anything.
    Save for the last pic of the 2 women.
    Where's all the alleged toys?
    If body searches are the norm, how did anyone sneak in a camera?
    Completely inconclusive all the way around.
    I call BS on this entire story.
    I can take a bunch of pics of some slum in CHINA or anywhere for that matter and slap in a few graphics of say, "Lego" and complain that those are the deplorable conditions that those workers endure.
    Drop a few handfuls of bricks, throw in some bogus "official" documentation and some "charts" and we got ourselves a story.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  10. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Ewe they are sweating on toys....

Seriously There isn't anything the west can do about a factory in China, The Only thing Hasbro could do is take there business to the next lowest bidder. If the Factory workers don't like the job then quit, the problem is they let the factories get away with it, and a population size supports the factories.

Whats the answer? Close the factories and throw workers onto the streets. Give the workers rights and export the factories to other places.

I think the Problem is Americans and the West don't make enough to support over seas jobs that have Human Rights. I know thats not the real Problem, it's the fact that we all think we deserve stuff, and don't care what it does to our Humanity to get stuff.

OMG, I just realized whatever toxins and diseases in there food and water is expelled through there sweat. :puke: OK enough joking.

It's there own countries business, I remember a old saying "You must first learn to respect yourself, before gaining respect from others" or something like that I don't really remember.

Why has't this Thread been locked yet? It clearly is political.

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The haters always amuse me... by taking advantage of what it has to offer by crapping on it.

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Expect me to address this recent development by the time I get there.

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

please read rules

14. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Do you actually understand what this topic is about?

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    hasbro contacts with said company to make a product...they pay the company X amount per unit...the company staffs and pays its workers per the contract constraints (how much it can afford to and still make profits)....

This shit happens in the USA...just in call centers instead of Factories...Workers have set goals (x amount of minutes per transaction, etc)

granted call centers do not fight rats and bed bugs...but it is what it is.

There are parts of this world that are well off and some that are not.

China needs to make more protections towards worker conditions....Not hasbro.

Hasbro does not own the factories...they hire the factory owners to produce goods for hasbro...the Factory owners and China as a state are at fault that their work conditions suck ass...

This was the way during the industrial revolution in the United States...We wised up for worker rights and protections and passed laws...China needs to do the same.

16. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    Your post is funny...it reminds me of the college idiots in the 90s that were screaming about sweat shops in vietnam and the other asian countries making shirts and shoes under shit conditions...and then later the same year the same college idiots bitching about their university T-shirts costing $20 or higher at college games...

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yeah that stuff happened during the recession and all it did was have factories in china get shuttered and workers laid off...

a sales protest won't do anything to change stuff ...just like those stupid don't buy gas this friday protests will affect gas prices....

18. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    this is why wal-mart is the evil empire of consumption...they get shit at the bottom cost $$$ and sale it as cheap as possible,

19. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I hope this article finally ends the debate about KOs and such.

My theory always was and will always be, don't use moral's on KO's saying how immoral it is for KO companies to do what they do if you are supporting a company who supports these types of practices.

I really wish I kept a list of the people who said there is no way that the conditions for Hasbro workers is bad. All I would have to say is, I don't need to see it with my own eyes to know whats happening around the world.

20. Nevermore

News Credits:
    I will link this article anytime someone complains about quality control on Transformers toys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.