News Release: DIAMOND SELECT TOYS EXPANDS G.I. JOE & TRANSFORMERS LICENSES -with pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    DIAMOND SELECT TOYS EXPANDS G.I. JOE & TRANSFORMERS LICENSES

(BALTIMORE, MD; June 6, 2006) Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles (DST) is negotiating an agreement with the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro, Inc.. (NYSE: HAS) to create resin statues and busts featuring the iconic characters from Hasbro’s Classic G1 TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE: REAL AMERICAN HERO brands. The proposed new line will be unveiled in July at the San Diego Comic Con.

“We’ve created great G.I. JOE and TRANSFORMERS products in the past, and we’re very excited to have the opportunity to offer a wider range of products for both of these great licenses,” said Diamond Select Toys’ Marketing and Sales Supervisor, Michael Leavey. “With the heat behind the TRANSFORMERS brand leading into next year as well as the success of G.I. JOE SIGMA SIX, fans and retailers can expect some great sculpts at more approachable price points.”

With the sculptors at Art Asylum and Plan B continuing to provide the highest caliber sculpts, DST is looking forward to a number of high-quality and very successful releases!

ABOUT DIAMOND SELECT TOYS AND COLLECTIBLES, LLC
    DIAMOND SELECT TOYS AND COLLECTIBLES, LLC was founded in 1999 by sister company Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. Envisioned to create unique and
    exciting collectibles for children and adults alike, the company has licensed a variety of pop culture properties to be turned into merchandise. With partners such as Marvel Enterprises, Dreamwave Productions, Twentieth Century Fox, MTV, Bliss House, and MGM, Diamond Select Toys and Collectibles produces a large range of products based on a wide variety of properties, and is headquartered in Timonium, MD. For more information, visit www.diamondselecttoys.com.

The Hasbro Properties Group (HPG), the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro, Inc., (NYSE:HAS), translates one of the industry’s richest portfolios of brands into a world of fun and excitement for children and adults globally. Through a host of publishing, digital media, lifestyle and entertainment platforms, HPG is able to surround fans worldwide with consumer products that expand Hasbro’s core brands, such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, MY LITTLE PONY, MONOPOLY, G.I. JOE, TONKA and PLAYSKOOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That Meg head is Sweet!! I like that more than the Prime head.

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great now I need to get the prime head damn. And this UM one too.:rolleyes2 

[​IMG]

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    They have been over doing the Ultra Magnus repaints. To me, that isn't Ultra Magnus. If they want to call him Magnus, that is fine, but Ultra Magnus is the big clod that can't be bothered with little things such as being a leader, and using obsenities while trying to open stuff.

5. The Wombat King

The Wombat King Ruler of a distant land

Megatron looks like a woman.

6. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron looks like Megatron.

Seriously that's the most acurate Cartoon style Megatron head I've ever seen done in 3D.

-ZacWilliam, doesn't know why Meg's head is so hard to do right. Is it those cheekbones?

7. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also like the Megatron bust. Baltimore, MD Huh I think I should go down their and bust some Hasbro Heads.:stick: 

8. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

There's no "Hasbro heads to bust" in Maryland, because they're not located here. Most likely, Diamond is.

9. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

What makes you think she isn't? And it would explain the sexual tension between her and Starscream.:lol 

10. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    too bad these will be quite pricey...I would love to pull a pokemon and "catch them all"

11. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

Megatron, like Prime, looks bad. The Hard Hero stuff looks much better. These guys are trying to put in too much detail without looking at the overall picture. The proportions look no good. Just not my tastes.

12. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    No, Megatron is so hard to do in 3D because of the lips. It's so hard to get those looking correct.

13. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    What's wrong with detail? Lack of detail gets you Marvel UK art. Good detailing gets you The Movie animation and DW art. That's why I love Don's art. As far as I'm concerned, lack of detail is a bad thing.

14. Primus

News Credits:
    Here was my 3D take on Megatron back when I modeled him 4 years ago. Holy $h!t. Has it really been 4 years since I did this? I need to start modeling more :( 

[​IMG]

15. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    SO...uh...how does this affect First 4 Figures? Did they lose the license for statues and I just missed it?

16. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Na, this does not effect First 4 Figures, they are still making statues. Now that you say that, what ever happened to the battlefield line? Shouldn't that be available by now?

17. Primus

News Credits:
    Yes, it should have. They were supposed to have the first one out in January, but it got delayed. I believe it's set to drop this month or next.

Stuff is finally starting to come out of their factories in China so hopefully the flow speeds up.