News on Animated Arcee/Electrostatic Soundwave toys

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Human Beastbox, Feb 26, 2009.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    QFT.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No, they could be thrown in universe too, provided they're far enough along to manufacture.

and hell, maybe they arent far enough along to manufacture. wouldnt stop hasbro from finishing them up and padding universe up with them.

if universe is gonna run alongside the movie (it has no set end date yet like animated does) they're gonna need new molds. those molds could finish up animated.

no reason to be so negative. this is good news, and we have to stay optimistic.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're forgetting that Hasbrotoyshop and reasoning in general don't mix well, though.

4. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Augh. Is Arcee cursed or something? What gives?

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah. seriously. aside from all their big public screw ups with exclusives, the nemesis prime I got from them was actually packed into a box half an inch shorter in length and an inch shorter in height than the toy's actual packaging.

if I was an MISB collector I would have drove to HTS and shot them. all of them.

toys have vanished from HTS only to show up again later. Animated Wreck Gar was missing from the site a few hours on monday (I was gonna buy him, thats how I noticed) but he went back up.

universe legends have vanished and come back several times so far.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    That email makes me slightly less angry than I was earlier, but I'm far from cheering yet.

7. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    EDIT: nevermind :D 

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  8. Blackout

Blackout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sucks that the series is being canceled.

9. IsThatOne

IsThatOne Spark Rebirther Core

what's up wid dat? Anyweys, It's BETTER news.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Any way I can get that Ratbat, I'm doing it.

11. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Well at least they are releasing them, I wish they would release Arcee for the universe line. :cry  (Sorry, my daughter strikes again.)

12. honcho

honcho BW Megatron Completionist

Ebay:

And just what the hell is wrong with tha

[​IMG]

Okay nevermind

13. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they better not mess with Arcee i been wanting her to get a CAR toy for 20 years

14. WarMachine73

WarMachine73 Well-Known Member

Don't go giving Hasbro any ideas. Last thing we need is for them to test our loyalty and our limits. (personally, I wouldn't go any further than the "My Little Pony" packaging, but I have an image to uphold).

I'm just glad that we are this close getting a close to G1 accurate, regular production Arcee figure. The Scout class motorcycles and the Movie deluxe class motorcycle were alright for female Autobots but in my mind they just weren't "Arcee". This figure will have the G1 feel, the TFA "cute" factor for the younger kids and the bad-ass "Spotlight" comic book lethality of the swords. Nice mix.
    Now if they just uphold their end and actually release it, we'll be doing good. Unfortunately, I don't have a good feeling about the odds of that happening. Save a copy of that picture, it will probably be the closest we ever get to that style of Arcee.

15. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Does anyone remember last year's Indiana Jones toy line debacle? Hasbro had all of the Wave 1 for 2009 tooled and made and even showed the finished product over the summer of '08 only to then cancel the line in Dec of '08 and explain to the fan base that they never had any intention of releasing the Wave 1 of 2009. Hasbro burned alot of people (myself included) with the handling of the Indy figures.

I admit that I've cherry-picked only a couple TFA figures, so I'm not a hardcore fan. However, the toy line was refreshing and placed TFs in a totally new light, that I can appreciate. That being said, I do not have any faith in Hasbro and will not have any hopes in an Arcee release untill she's staring at me on a peg at my local Target store.

It's been far too long. We need an Arcee figure that turns into a car. This is as close to G1-ness as we'll ever get with her. Every TF fan should want this toy, even if it's under the Animated banner.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Arcee looks like Cockmongler. :lolol 

17. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

Shoulda figured. An Arcee figure almost saw the light of day. Can't be having that.

Gaaah. I know there's all kinds of good reasons why Animated gets the shaft, but I can't shake the feeling that there's evil monkeys somewhere whose job is to cancel any TF project that starts to get too high-quality.

INT: Hasbro's Evil Monkey Chamber (tm):
    "Hey, people really like TF:Animated! The toys aren't falling apart anymore like back in Wave 1! The show's got great ratings!"
    "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEECHH!! OOOOK OOOOOK!!!"
    "Okay, okay! Calm down! We'll scrap it! Is that better, evil monkeys?"
    "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"
    "Alright, howzabout more explosions? And a REALLY doofy looking Monkey-Devastator?"
    "SCREEEEE-" (the monkeys nod emphatically)
    "Good. Goooood evil monkeys. Here's some fresh Titanium and TransTech prototypes to chew on!"

Ahh. Had to get that out of my system. Feel a lot better now.

Stupid Evil Monkeys.

18. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, I remembered reading about that, which was why I was specific to the TF franchise.

Aside from recycling them for another Indy movie, there's no other outlet for those cancelled Indy toys. In the case of TFs, completed toys without a home can always be shunted over into Universe.

19. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Finally some good news. There is even hope of more season 3 characters getting toys.

Please don't let us Animated fans down Hasbro.

20. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everytime hasbro makes a move like this it scares me lol . All i know is they better not think about canceling here and never releasing her like the Titanium G1 Arcee or you all will read the headlines in the news paper of a man throwing bags of flaming poo at the hasbro headquarters .. I swear ill drive there and do it too lol . I been waiting on a decent Arcee figure since i was little lol...

Just release her already lol