newly canceled shows

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Orion_Prime48, May 13, 2012.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    looks like alot of networks are cleaning up some shows

on the list

GCB
    Harrys Law
    Alcatraz
    The Finder
    A Gifted Man
    Missing
    I Hate My Teenage Daughter
    Ringer
    The Secret Circle
    Are Yo There Chelsea?

and a few more. source: http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/canceled-tv-shows-of-2012-slideshow/

im really unhappy with them cancelling Harrys Law that is such a fantastic show and it gets the shaft for no reason, add that to Terra Nova and I think TV Networks are just being plain stupid this year.

but meanwhile we still have 4 different CSIs and the Kardashians so I guess its alright. *sarcasm*

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm still pissed about Millennium getting the axe.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I should be a network exec, I called most of those as cancelled.

Then again, I've never seen a single episode from any of the series on that list either. :lol 

4. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I only saw a few episodes of Harry's Law, but I kinda liked it.

Disappointed to see The Finder is cancelled. I was watching that show regularly. Didn't help that they moved it to another day half way through the season.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I haven't even heard of most, but to be honest, I half expected Secret Circle to end up like Ghost Whisperer & make it to like 40 seasons before I've ever seen an episode.

6. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I will admit a lot of those I didn't see.

Secrat Circle I saw the finale and it inrigued me to try and sit down to see the whole season before the next one might come out. Nevermind now sadly.

Terra Nova, they actually had some great potential in that series and I pray someone else picks it up and keeps the quality of it up. It seems to me if a TV show doesn't get super-awesome-megahit status within 2 episodes, well it's dead.

Give some shows that have people enjoying them a chance to establish a decent base.

7. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

This. And one of the best series from the late '90s.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hate that Avenger's Earth Mightiest Heroes will so be on it's way out....all in favour for a Ultimate Avengers show. :banghead:  Really....Why does it need to be Ultimate.....EMH was fine the way it is.

9. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WHAT?! But-but-but I thought the show was saved! :cry 

jD001

10. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Alcatraz has been cancelled?!?? It only just started over here...I thought it was pretty good

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only scripted show I watch on the networks any more is Fringe and I'm kind of surprised it didn't get cancelled this year, given how low the ratings have been.

12. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Fringe kicks ass!!!

I lost Alcatraz and The River from this year's new shows.

13. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I'm a bit surprised by this as well, as I watched it pretty regularly and only missed an episode or two when I forgot it was on. The show was just getting good and they axe it after only one season? I just don't understand Television anymore, if it isn't reality programming about some jaded celebrity doing the business everywhere it just won't last.

I don't even follow the ratings for this show, but I think it was consistently very good. Then again Heroes fell flat too after a while and got the shaft because they couldn't be bothered to pick a decent story arc and run with it. Just repeat the same thing over and over again theme wise.

Damn it, now we'll never get any of the answers to the questions that the show left us with. Stupid T-V execs, they just don't get it anymore.

14. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    Thats fox for ya though they never give shows a real chance, alcatraz isnt the only show theyve pulled this with

15. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Not surprised for any of those shows getting canned.

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fringe kicks ass at times, particularly Seasons 2 and 3, but this season was massively inconsistent, IMO. Particularly all the screwing around at the beginning with the altered timeline, which went basically nowhere, and the future episode a few weeks ago, which robbed the season finale of any suspense whatsoever. While I'm glad it's been renewed for a final season, I hope the quality of those episodes gets back to the level of the earlier seasons and stays consistent until the end.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Agree with all of this. I was only just saying so to my woman yesterday as we're both fans of the show. I felt like the entire of season four was a waste, apart from maybe the information about what the Observers are, and even then that was a bit of a 'meh' to me. I'm mostly annoyed that I spent three seasons getting to know the characters only for it all to have been seemingly wiped away with the new versions of the universes for season four and Peter really being the only constant from before. And it's really dragged too. Previous seasons have surged along and been quite exciting putting the clues together and I was disappointed when those seasons came to an end, but season four just seemed to never end and I felt like I was trapped in a long smelly burning fart that didn't want to ever waft away.

However my girlfriend assures me that the final episode of season four, which she's seen and I haven't yet, will explain away a lot of my problems. Somehow though I doubt it will.

I just hope the final season pulls its finger out and gets its shit together and goes out with a bang. Just hope it's not like the waste of space that the final season of Lost was. Fringe has been great for the most part, but now it's getting rather frayed. A show can start out great and end badly and most people will only remember it for that bad end, just like I feel about Lost.

As for all the shows the OP listed as getting the chop, I've not seen a single episode of any of them. Not saying I'm personally to blame for their cancellations because of it though. :p 

18. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I like Gifted Man...everything else I didn't bother watching...Terra Nova cost too much to produce...

19. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I actually liked Awake. Let's get this straight, shows with a plot line get canned but awful reality shows get to stay on.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I just realised this is the show Sky here has been pimping out to start soon that I thought I might give a look. Well, now I know it's been canned I doubt I'll bother investing my time into starting watching it.