Customs: Newest Custom Box. BW Heinlad

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PrimulArchangel, Mar 6, 2008.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all :) 

I wanted to share this box that i just finished up. I have had a Beast Wars Neo Heinlad for a few years but never had a box for him .. So after making a box for my custome Alt Arcee , i decided to give it another go and make a box for Heinlad.. It took me about 4 days from start to finish.. Hours wise i would guess over 35 hours start to finish ..
    I used Photoshop CS2 to design it all . I followed the orginal layout of the box for some and then added my own touch to it , like giving the box a battle scene on the back and a large Maximal logo on the lid.. I changed the heinlad image on the front of the box and used some cool art i found online..
    The box in the pics is made full size now but printed on normal paper. It had to be printed out on 6 sheets of paper and then pieced together.. The final box will be printed on large cardstock, I just have to locate a store that will print these for me on some card stock ..
    Does anyone know of a place that will print these for me and dont have like a minimum amount to be printed ??
    Heinlad should feel right at home in the finished product :)  I think my next one will be a Custom box for Lio Convoy :)  ..
    Anyways tell me what you think about it , or if i should change something up.. Also any ideas on how or what to use for the clear plastic windo of the box ??
    OK so here is the pic , just one pic of the box from all angles :) .
    Enjoy

-Curt

"Updated"

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I understand Staples is a place you can go, but I don't have personal experience. 5inches deep is a pretty deep box. It looks really nice though.

When you do get it printed and finished at normal size, be sure and make a thread in the reproductions forum that has some pictures of the various sides, and maybe one in addition that has him in the box.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I printed a custom box at a locally-owned printer and they didn't raise a fuss about it at all. I paid for one run ($22 I believe O_O), but I made sure I told them that it was my own creation and (even though I was using copyrighted material) I wanted it printed for "non-profit" reasons.

I'd go with REDLINE's suggestion, to at least see what they'd say and get an estimate. If Staples turns you down, try a locally-owned source, as they often times have less "red tape" to go through :wink: 

4. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah im going to start calling around because i got my Arcee box to print out as well .. I didnt think they cost 22$ though , i was hoping for like 8$. Hope staples and such dont charge so much..

The box had to be at least 5 inch deep and 5 inch wide because Heinlad is a pretty chubby figure in beast mode lol.. Guess its fat like that to allow for the Clock mechanics and battery inside.. Keeps perfect time too lol... I like him better in beast mode holding the little take out food bag and sake (sockie) bottle lol.

Ill post photos of the full size box for sure.. I think tomorrow im going to start on my own style Lio Convoy box.. I make his for his Botmode .. Ill do a window in the front and a round or oval window on the side so you can see his lion head on his shoulder ..
    Glad you liked :) 

Thanks for the suggestions on how to get my stuff printed :) 

-Curt

5. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Updated my orginal post with full size box pics. Have a look and tell me what you think :) 

-Curt

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    What'd it end up costing you to get printed?

It looks great man, you did a good job. Now just get you some clear material to make a "window" for it :) 

7. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I printed this on my printer .. its not the final product , just a test run i did last night out of bordom lol.. I had to print it on 6 sheets of paper and then piece it together..
    I may have found a place to frint them for me , the highschool here has a large format printer so im going to see if its possible to print them out there..
    Glad you liked it so far .. opefully ill have a finished glossy one done soon ...

-Curt