Newcomer to TFCon

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by ezim93, Apr 2, 2010.

1. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This year I will be attending my first convention, TFCon tobe prcise. I was wondering if anyone had any tips about going to TFCons such as when I should pre order my tickets? Are there any exclusive figures? What kind of transformers do they have in the deal room? How much do they usually go for? Is haggling allowed? Is the costume contest worth doing? Do the trvia games include RiD, Unicron Trilogy and Beast Machines? Please if you could provide some of the information listed or more it would ber greatly appreciated and I'll see some of you in July.

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    1)If your planning on going for the whole weekend, yes pre-reg.
    2) No exclusives have been announced yet.
    3) If your looking for it, somebody in the dealer room most likely has it.
    4) Depends on the day, time & the dealers mood.
    5) I believe so.
    6) That up to you, last year we had a good turn out with some awesome stuff.
    7) I'm pretty sure it covers all Transformers

Also, you might want to go over to Cybertron.ca to the TFCon forum
    http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14
    You will find alot more info over there.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You should pre-order your registration package as soon as you feel comfortable doing so, but since packages haven't really been announced yet, you've still got time. Might want to get the hotel booking out of the way now though, before the hotel fills up.

There have been exclusive products in the past, and will most likely be some this year as well. It will probably work the same was as last year.

In the dealer room? You name it, they'll have it. I've found dealers who carry every figure and accessory from G1, dealers who specialize in japanese imports, dealers with weird tie-in items like bedsheets and party goods, etc. Its a huge dealer room, and you've got a good chance of finding whatever you're looking for, though unfortunately there are no guarantees that every rare item will be there, just like any other convention. Prices depend on the figure, demand, and the dealer, though good deals are common, especially compared to ebay and the fact you don't need to pay for shipping. Some dealers will haggle, others will refuse to, but in my experience, they'll cut you a deal if you're buying a lot of stuff, its late in the day, you're not trying to insultingly lowball them, they like you, etc.

Can't really tell you if the costume contest is worth doing for you, its a pretty vague question. In the last couple years, there's been some serious competition, and some fantastic entrants, and its been a lot of fun. If you're just interested in a prize and don't really have an amazing costume and you're travelling from far away and can't carry a lot of luggage, might not be worth it. If you just want to show off your work to fans like yourself, can bring your costume with, would like the chance to get on the web, the tfcon annual documentary, and possibly tv, then yeah, I recommend you go for it. Check the tfcon website for pics and video from last year, may give you a better idea.

As for trivia, depends on the trivia contest. There are some trivia contests that are animated-specific, some that are movie-specific, g1-specific, etc., but there are also trivia contests that cover everything, including every series, toyline, comic, and everything else, such as the faction feud. Knowledge of the BW-unicron trilogy era would not be a hindrance to entry.

Any other questions? The more specific you are, the easier it'll be to answer. Also, be sure to check the website (TFcon Toronto - Canada's Transformers Collectors Convention), and you might want to ask at Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion, which has its own tfcon discussion forum.