Customs: Newbie Question!! SORRY

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by X5452, Jul 17, 2009.

1. X5452

X5452 Cylons get no respect!!

ok so I have started my first custom repaint. I took it apart to paint and then put it back together to check it out in robot mode but I noticed when transformering it into car mode some of the paint came off so I'm thinking that I needed to clear coat it?? And if so what should I use? Any help would be helpful!! Thanks in advance!!!

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Always clear coat paint jobs if possible. Also, where the paint strips off is probably places of high friction, so sanding those areas down may help.

3. X5452

X5452 Cylons get no respect!!

ok so the missing thing is clear coat! what brand is good and should a put a couple coats on??

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends on the brand of paint you're already using. And as autobot burnout said, make sure to sand the high friction areas down. If you're using an acrylic paint, you could use either an acrylic or enamel clear, might even get away with a lacqure. I know you can not use lacqure on an enamel base but and enamel clear over a lacqure base works fine... I think that's it. Anyway, you can pretty much use an acrylic clear over all though it isn't as durable as enamels or lacqures.