Newbie Question about the Collector's Club

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by WhiteMocha, Mar 6, 2007.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I'm considering joining the official Collector's Club, and I just wanted to confirm a few things on which I was unclear:

- I can buy last year's free figure (the Energon tank combiner limb, Landquake) for $60.00 and that includes some membership privileges (comics, newsletters, etc.) but NOT a full membership, correct? To get a full membership with figure-purchasing privileges, I need to sign up using the standard method and just purchase Landquake separately?

- Joining the Collector's Club will give me an opportunity to purchase this year's Botcon boxed set (the equivalent of last year's Beast Wars set) even though I am not going to attend Botcon, correct?

- I read that Astrotrain and Airrazor pre-orders are sold out... but I can still contact the club and order these figures even after they are released, right?

Anyhow, again, guys, I apologize for my cluelessness. I poked around the Club Site trying to find definitive answers to these questions, but without much luck... otherwise I wouldn't be bugging you guys with a new thread! :) 

2. Signal Lancer

Signal Lancer Brave Soldier of Justice

News Credits:
    Buying Landquake for $60 is the same thing as buying a membership and then getting him for $20. I started the same way last year with Skyfall.

You don't have to be a club member to get the non-attendee BotCon set, but you get a discount and can buy the bagged set of figures if you are a member.

I just put in a pre-order for Astrotrain and Airazor when I called to renew Friday.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Not a problem m8 :) 
    -You can get the previous limbs without joining the club, that's correct. However, it's not a full membership. To get club membership you would have to join.
    -You can preregister for a non-attendee package for Botcon whether you're a club member or not; it's just $50 cheaper if you are. However, you can't get any of the other convention exclusives (the free toy for attending, and the other exclusives, such as Megatron & Waspinator last year) without actually going to the convention.
    -I don't know. You might have to be a member to get them anyway.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies, guys! That clears up a lot. I appreciate it!