Newbie/kotoys.com/right place?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cgcprime, Dec 17, 2010.

1. cgcprime

cgcprime New Member

Hi, everyone, its about time I got an acct. here. because I LOVE transformers! and would love to discuss them with others.
    also I need the help of the community on the issue of kotoys.com the guy named "mike" that runs it. do you guys know anything good or bad about the company? Im having some issues with them.( he keeps insisting that I am someone that is posting negative stuff about him on here, but this is my first post, I dont know if someone else is using my most common screen name CRYSTALGLOWCHROME or is using my real name DAX CHASE, but he wont beleive that its not me! this guy seems insane, he has gone as far as to threaten me that he will come to my house and hurt me and my family! I dont know to call the police or what. also Im not sure if this is the appropriate place to post on this board, forgive me if its not and move or delete my post.
    this place looks awesome, I am looking forward to visiting and finding out more about all the sections this site offers, and wanted to say HI=) hope everone is having a great day!=)
    cgc

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Hi, welcome to TFW! Enjoy your stay! I hope I'm not considered too rude with a couple of pointers :) 

1. This IS in the wrong part of the forum..I'm not sure how you managed to get to the Prime part, but there are special parts on this board deciated to toy feedback, as well as seller/store feedback (Junkion Exchange Feedback: Junkion Exchange Feedback - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards). :) 

2. Even if I have my strong opinions on said seller, I think it's in bad taste to register and post with the sole reason to just say bad stuff out of the blue. One of the rules of this site is not to take off-site drama and post it here. if you have an experience with a seller you can share it in that seller's feedback thread.

3. There have been a couple of threads about this seller in both the feedback as well as toy sections of the boards. Experiences seem to vary greatly - if you want to read more I'd suggest finding those feedback topics and see what other people have to tell. :) 

4. To be honest, I can't help but feel this is one big joke. Seems pretty weird to register to do this..not to mention the fact that the account was actually registered in September...sorry if I'm wrong!

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i am a tad bewildered. you have been a member since September and haven't seen the numerous threads and postings regarding KOToys?

the subject has been pretty heated lately, so if you just searched this forum- just checked threads within the past few days- you would find most of your answers.

welcome to boards, and i hope that you enjoy yourself here.

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Seems like a person would just stop communicating with someone they are not getting along with. Take your business elsewhere?

5. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Someone else recently reported Mike saying antisemetic insults to him. It would be nice if the people reporting these encounters were established users so we can confirm whether they actually happened. Based on Mike threatening to stab Kickback in the eye, this is totally believable, but it's also possible someone is just trolling.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe not trolling. Mike has cheated me out of a Kold Gold Convoy that I paid him for. He's answered many of my emails always asking the same questions. I'll never deal with KOTOYS again.

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I'm afraid this is the nature of the game when you deal with someone who sells illegal product in the first place. They tend to be questionable sellers in the first place.

Randy

8. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    I say call the police ^^

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Wait, he threatened to stab kickback in the eye? Wow, I know I have not read all the threads about KOToys, don't know how I missed that one honestly.

I had considered buying the KO TC and Botcon Mirage from him but decided against it.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    KO Toys once once enjoyed a sterling rep here but that all crashed and burned with the KOLD Debacle and it seems his customer service has gone off a cliff as of late.

My advice is to avoid KOTOYS and its owner, it just not worth the risk to your wallet or sanity.

11. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He aint gonna jump on a plane and come to the us just to fuck with you man. think about it, its not cost effective. if he did, and I could find out what airport he was flying into, I would gladly greet him at the airport and welcome him. But NO, he's full of shit, and believing it.....com'on mayne.

12. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally haven't had any problems with ordering from KOTOYS or with Mike. I have recieved all my items and got them in a quick time span. I'd say about a week to few days past the 7 day mark.

But as with any online retailer you take a chance. If you don't like the services arrange a paypal dispute and move on. Chimungmung.com is also another place that sells K.O.s.

I just recently placed my first order with them recently but from what I have heard they are a great place to do business with a have a solid ebay feedback to back them.

This. Even though no threats should ever be made take into consideration that it's the internet. If all the threats that have been made on the internet were actually carried out the world's population would be wiped out 10x over.

13. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    TO the OP, i speak to my mike on a daily basis. He hasnt threaten you. All he wants from you is to leave him alone..He wants u to go and buy from Chimungmung.com or someone else..
    He has send me the emails that you keep bothering...If your so bother by him, why do u keep emailing MIKE back. It is best to ignore him. His not gonna come and waste his time with you
    I hope you dont have two accounts because 1984FORVEVER seems to be pointing out the same thing that you are

14. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

i like mike, talk to him frequently by messenger, and ordered in the past with no prob...one time he sent me wrong toy. i contacted and with my next order sent me the correct and i got to keep the ooops (red bt shockblast ko) a great guy IMO
    i agree with daelite20. sounds sketchy...at best

15. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

(LAUGHING) I was just about to comment on the OP'S 1st post that "he probably thinks you're me!" But it's not a joke. He actually thinks you're me!

No Mike, I'm not the OP. Give the kid his stuff... or not.

Anyway, Sorry to hi-jack but... I met Joe Bacal yesterday! He tipped me $50 for fixing his modem. When I noticed the 2 Sunbow folders on his office bookshelf I asked if worked for Sunbow. He said he started it, and we then got into a conversation in which he did his best Orson Welles imitation... and a lot of hand waving and storytelling. Great!

16. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Ive ordered plenty of stuff from them, and its all arrived in timely manners. Mike was always great about answering questions I had as well, until recently. Out of no where, for what seems like no reason, he stopped replying to any/all inquiries I had. Im not necessarily never going to order again but, if I do, I surely wont be doing more than say 100$ at a time. I was a pretty regular customer as well, spending plenty of loot. And all is fine, its his prerogative to ignore my emails, just as well its mine to not do business w him anymore.

If your absolutely going to order no matter what, my advice is to keep the orderes small, and just skip communication all together. No matter what, your taking a chance on the items coming (good chance they come imo), and taking a chance with his customer service (good chance he ignores you imo).

If he thinks your someone else that absolutely wont do business with him, and you complete an order on his website, Im sort of guessing he will realize he was wrong, and just process your order. That or lose the money when paypal finds in your favor after a dispute ::shrugs::.

17. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

You "LOVE" Transformers and would like to discuss them, but this is the only post you make? Smells like someone's eating billy goats.

18. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Not to mention "It's about time I got an acct here" but he's been registered since September 2010.

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Not all of us post as soon as we sign up guys. Please give the guy a break.

And please also leave out the KOToys drama. Share your own personal experiences only, don't drag in all that hearsay or things that you have heard have happened to other people.

20. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

I bought a K.O. Toys G1 Wheeljack last summer.
    I paid.
    He shipped.