Customs: Newbie basher looking for a pair of ideas

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Vangelus, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, I want to pick up a spare pair of movie toys for their superior bio-on-the-back Canadian instructions. Bonecrusher and Swindle.

After the customization class at Botcon, I kinda wanna have a go at some customizationing too.

Anyone have any ideas for what I could do with a Bonecrusher and Swindle? All I could think of so far was a Jin Saotome-esque Bonecrusher 'realism' deco and a videogamey recolour for Swindle. Wouldn't mind seeing if anyone else had cool envisionings. :D 

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Well, if you wanted to go all G1, you could do Bonecrusher in green and purple Constructicon colors, with a black head. Or paint Swindle purple as a pseudo-Shockwave (or silver as Shackwave).

You could also go more obscure and do Bonecrusher in the colors of Beast Wars Bonecrusher:

http://www.tfu.info/1997/Maximal/Bonecrusher/bonecrusher.htm

I think that might actually look kinda nice.... he looks more "monstrous," like movie Bonecrusher. And they are both Buffalos, after all.

You could also do Swindle in baby blue as a car-version of Whirl. Or paint him up as a Stunticon.

Anyhow, good luck! :) 

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Well, if you wanted to go all G1, you could do Bonecrusher in green and purple Constructicon colors, with a black head. Or paint Swindle purple as a pseudo-Shockwave (or silver as Shackwave).

You could also go more obscure and do Bonecrusher in the colors of Beast Wars Bonecrusher:

http://www.tfu.info/1997/Maximal/Bonecrusher/bonecrusher.htm

I think that might actually look kinda nice.... he looks more "monstrous," like movie Bonecrusher. And they are both Buffalos, after all.

You could also do Swindle in baby blue as a car-version of Whirl. Or paint him up as a Stunticon.

Anyhow, good luck! :) 

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Well, first off, I'm gonna do the obligatory "check out this thread" plug: The kitbasher's resource, at the top of this forum!

Now, in terms of ideas...Ever since that Swindle showed up, I've thought he'd look awesome as Shockwave. A nice purple shade and some street racer-style decals would do him right.

...as for Bonecrusher...I don't think you can go wrong with a weathering and detail job. He'd look great!

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Well, first off, I'm gonna do the obligatory "check out this thread" plug: The kitbasher's resource, at the top of this forum!

Now, in terms of ideas...Ever since that Swindle showed up, I've thought he'd look awesome as Shockwave. A nice purple shade and some street racer-style decals would do him right.

...as for Bonecrusher...I don't think you can go wrong with a weathering and detail job. He'd look great!

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Ideas for Bonecrusher:

- Bw Bonecrusher
    - G1 Bonecrusher
    - G1 Grimlock (inspired by a very good digibash on the forums)

Ideas For Swindle:

- He's based on a Chevy Cobalt right? Make him cobalt coloured?

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Ideas for Bonecrusher:

- Bw Bonecrusher
    - G1 Bonecrusher
    - G1 Grimlock (inspired by a very good digibash on the forums)

Ideas For Swindle:

- He's based on a Chevy Cobalt right? Make him cobalt coloured?

8. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

how about

bonecrusher in construticon colors with black head and red eyes

swindle to shockwave :thumb 

9. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

how about

bonecrusher in construticon colors with black head and red eyes

swindle to shockwave :thumb 

10. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Swindle has any number of possibilities. Make him a Cobalt SS (bigger wheels, bigger spoiler, bigger tailpipe) and add Chevrolet graphics. (And fix the rear to match the real thing). Or you could make him into a Pontiac G5 GT (same as the Cobalt SS1) instead, but that would require redoing the front bumper.

Bonecrusher is tougher. The only thing I can think of is to make him part of a modern-day Combaticon group. (Makes more sense than a space shuttle, that's for sure.)

11. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Swindle has any number of possibilities. Make him a Cobalt SS (bigger wheels, bigger spoiler, bigger tailpipe) and add Chevrolet graphics. (And fix the rear to match the real thing). Or you could make him into a Pontiac G5 GT (same as the Cobalt SS1) instead, but that would require redoing the front bumper.

Bonecrusher is tougher. The only thing I can think of is to make him part of a modern-day Combaticon group. (Makes more sense than a space shuttle, that's for sure.)