Newb question about G1's timespan. Also, doing an illustration

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by pogin624, Feb 26, 2007.

1. pogin624

pogin624 Member

I'm a little confused. I am led to believe that G1 is basically the Transformers from 84-92, which encompasses all four seasons of the cartoon, including the movie. Is that correct? OR, is G1 basically the Optimus/Megatron era, while G2 is when the Matrix passes to Rodimus and Galvatron replaces Megatron? I'm inclined to belive that the former is correct. The reason I ask is because my classmates and I are doing a project where we're limiting ourselves to G1 Transformers, and I want to make sure I don't include anything that's not a part of it.

I only have two weeks to do this so I don't want to have like the whole gang in there, but I don't want to do something that's just like Optimus posing or whatever. I wanted to do something that isn't too cliche. I'm thinking of:

-Soundwave and Blaster going at it OR
    -Blaster kind of on top of Soundwave while Ratbat and the others are kind of climbing all over Blaster

-Hot Rod fighting that giant squid from TF:The Movie

-The Dinobots fighting Devastator
    -The Dinobots just kind of running at the 'camera'

-Rodimus kind of running at the camera with Ultra Magnus in the background

-Arcee and Kup kind of standing side by side with their guns ready.

The reason I'm not really doing the old guard much is because I'm doing this assignment alongside a couple other people and I want it to be different. Are there any suggestions for an illustration I could do in 2 weeks? I know my friend wants to do Bumblebee being digested by Unicron's stomach acid (I know it never happened but he really hates Bumblebee).

2. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    You are correct that the entire run of the cartoon is considered G1.

As for the picture ideas, I'd like to see the second blaster v. soundwave idea; you have a lot of options there with the cassettes.

3. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

G1 is the first two seasons, the movie, AND season three and the rebirth mini. So, the first thing you thought was correct, at least from a North American cartoon standpoint.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    G1 is everything from the start of transformers up until the start of the G2 toyline.

5. pogin624

pogin624 Member

Yeah it was basically going to be Blaster kneeling, straddling Soundwave, and about to kind of hammer him with his fists in the air, but he's got the cassettes biting on him. I would've done it the other way because I think Soundwave is the man but I like his cassettes better. Ratbat rules.

6. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    :lol  3 answers in 2 minutes!

7. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I like the idea of them attacking Blaster. I also like the Dinobots vs. Devastator idea.

8. pogin624

pogin624 Member

I'm actually going to switch it. Soundwave is going to be on top, being attacked by Blaster's cassettes. I do think Soundwave is just a cooler character. I think I'm gonna have him instead of like kneeling on top of him, he'll have one foot on Blaster's hand or something...something to make it a little more dynamic.

What about location? I was thinking of making it in some sort of generic communications place with satellites in the background or something but it's kind of cliche (I saw it in a friend's TF 2003 calender by Pat Lee). I don't want to go too overboard with the bg though so any ideas would be great (it's due I think 2 weeks from today.

9. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    For the background, how about at the base of a television mast? Kinda like this one:

[​IMG]

Old picture, but you get the idea. would be pretty simple to do, they're often in fairly rual areas as well.

10. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let us see it when you finish!!

11. pogin624

pogin624 Member

I moved all progress updates to the Fan Art board here:

WIP Soundwave and Blaster I didn't realize this was turning into an art thread so I'm just irrigating the waters to the other board. Thanks!