New York Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by tarouza, Apr 20, 2003.

1. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep...my bad. PLOP is everywhere.

2. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Watch yer step!

3. konakazi

konakazi Robot Pimp Hand is Strong

Went by TRU TS on the way home from work. Same stuff that they've had basically. Still waiting for Wheeljack, Skywarp, or Hoist. Mainly Skywarp though!

4. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I guess NY hasnt seen shit lately. Im goin to check TRU this weekend to see of any hint of UniCron's coming.

5. tarouza

tarouza Twin Twist's Daddy

Went to target and TRU in Middletown. Target had just put out Unicron so i left one when i was there at 8 last night. MIddltetown TRU didnt really have much, did have all of the Universe figures though

6. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Life=Pain

Poughkeepsie toys-r-us has unicron

7. konakazi

I for one hope that Unicron doesn't show up for another couple of weeks. I just bought Shock Wave on BBTS so my funds are a little depleted! :ev: 

What's up with Wheeljack and Hoist? No sightings? And if you've seen Wheeljack, is it the one with the yellow details or the newer one with the blue details on the hood?

Erm, yeah that's it! I'll be out of the city for a week so no TRU TS updates from me until next weekend!!!

8. giga-galvatron

Ive been to TRU TS in the past 2 weeks and Ive been getting lucky. I grabbed the last Emergency team Minicons and the Air Military team Minicons. Since TRU was taking tooo long, I grabbed Overload and Skywarp from BBTS and they should be here by the time I wake up tomorrow from UPS. As for Hoist and Wheeljack, I wanted the Japanese verisions this time so I ordered them from HLJ.com and Hoist is on his way after their "O-Bon" holiday. Anyways, Im goin to check TRU tomorrow after I go around looking for comic books. Full report then.

9. konakazi

If you're getting Wheeljack's Micron version for the packaging, that's cool. But if you just want the toy, they're releasing his Micron version here. It's supposed to be phased in and the yellow detailed version phased out...

10. giga-galvatron

Damn my impaitence. I thought they were releasing the blue strips as a powerlink for Energon. DAYUM!! But oh wells. This is on my first import Mircon toy and I should have gotten Shockwave instead. Anyways, as I perdicted, when I woke up today, Overload and Skywarp were waiting in the box to be opened and played with. I went to TRU TS and I was sooo tempted to get Optimus with the Autobot insignia. You think it's worth it?

Edit* I'll get both Wheeljacks and keep the yellow one in the package to sell later when Armada gets into the collectible field.

11. konakazi

I have a hard time seeing any of the recent TF's being very collectible.

A long time ago I bought a few Beast Wars Silverbolts, thinking that they would be valuable. They still only go for like $8 on eBay... Weak. But better that than sit in my closet any longer.

Yeah I ordered Micron Shockwave from BBTS (since HLJ kinda screwed me) and he just shipped. Pretty psyched to get him! I also have the X Dimension Air Military team on the way.

I like that Prime but I already have one. Totally go for it if you didn't pick it up yet! I'm sure I will buy Nemesis Prime when he eventually comes out.

I'm out of town but will be back in the City by Friday night. Hopefully I can find Skywarp in the near future! How does he look "in person"? I'm not crazy about Overload but I love the Ultra Magnus deco they showed at BotCon.

12. giga-galvatron

I already got the Supercon Prime but The Autobot insignia makes it worth grabbing again cuz my Supercon Prime is kinda loose since I use him alot. And Im definitely gettin Nemesis Prime when he graces the shelves.

13. ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace What's gonna happen?

Ebay:
    4:12 pm Thursday - 3:45 pm Friday:

I couldn't see a damn thing.

14. konakazi

Haha. Tell me about it. My girlfriend and I came back from a trip to Massachusetts last night. Allegedly Manhattan is 90% back on line but our whole neighborhood ( Lower East Side and East Village) was pitch black!

I also missed the delivery of my X Dimension set. Grrrr. I'll have to swing by the post office today.

Should have gone looting at the TRU in Times Square!

15. ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace What's gonna happen?

Ebay:
    Funny, I'm moving from midtown to the lower east side at the end of this week. I do think I would have traded another couple of hours of darkness for a shorter walk from work, and running water (we're on the 11th floor here, so no showers or flushies. As the new place is on the first floor, we prolly woulda been fine).

Anyway, back on topic, I went to the Kmart on 34th/7th this morning to replenish some supplies, and they had clearly used the time to restock their TFs. Several Airrazors, Rhinoxes, Terrorsaurs (sp?), Sideswipes, and such. No Wheeljacks. A couple pegs full of Universe deluxes, with CDs. Plus your standard older stuff, Scavengers and Super Base Prime and such.

16. konakazi

KMart Astor Place had plenty of Universe stuff ( all the Beast Wars repaints ), Thrust, Dark Saber, and lots of Mini Cons. Nothing else really new though.

17. giga-galvatron

TRU TS HAS UNICRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pick him up today along with Whiplash and Supercon Prime with Autobot signal.

18. Perceptor31

Perceptor31 Autobot Geek

I went to Middletown today:
    TRU- PLOP, The wave 3/4 re-issues, a bunch of Minicons and Deluxes, Tiny Tins and Universe. No Unicron:( 

Media Play- Brawn and Windcharger Keychains (2 of each), minicons and Tidal Wave

Target- Same old stuff, I think Hoist was there, didn't really look
    No Unicron:thumbdown 

KB- New clear Spychangers, deluxes No Unicron:mad: 

I've also been to Wal-Mart in Newburgh and K-Mart in Vails Gate and NO UNICRON:thumbdown  :(  :mad:  :cry  :upchuck

So when all was said and done, I got a Brawn keychain and Issue 4 of G1/Vol2. I hate the stores by me:mad: 

19. konakazi

TRU TS indeed!

Many Unicrons ( I suspect they only keep a few out on the floor at a time because of the size but they have more in stock ) , Tidal Wave, lots of Universe garbage, and Jetfire with CD.

The sale is on but they don't seem to have much in the way of new Supercons.

In other news, I got my Micron Legend Shockwave and X Dimension Air Military team! WHOO!

20. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

Went to Times Square TRU today, and here's my report:

A couple of Unicrons left (avoid the one with a ripped box....still there since this past Monday).

Jetfire, Galvatron, etc. are still there.

NO sightings of Hoist and Wheeljack.

BUT, I went to a KB in my area, and who did I find? Hoist and Wheeljack. I picked both of them up, and I skipped Airazor, Rhinox (already got), and Terrorsaur. Still waiting to see if anyone notices Airazor anytime soon. Is it worth picking up? I had the BW version years ago, and it's gone. Oh well. Anybody else lucked out?