New York Times interview with Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sso02V, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
  2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nope, I think that's new. Good job!

3. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Nice article. I am really looking forward to seeing this on Thursday. (Preview screening!)

4. Wheelchairninja

Wheelchairninja Well-Known Member

Great article, I can see how the combination of creative objectivity and fan boy enthusiasm can be really tough. Heck, how do you do that without going nuts?

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I accepted a long time ago that I would have made a VERY different film if I'd won the lottery. Not that it would've been better, just that no one is going to make a film I'll think is perfect. But I think these guys stand a pretty good chance of making something I'll be able to really enjoy.

6. Pabawan

Pabawan Member

It's a pretty daunting task, but indications are they rose to the challenge. I mean, given what a hodgepodge Transformers lore is, I'm glad they asked the tough questions when it came to some of the Transformers' more odd concepts.

- Why would alien robots have car parts hanging off them?
    - Why would alen robots turn into alien cars with passenger compartments and windshields on them?
    - Why would a society without cars call themselves Autobots
    - Why would a righteous faction convinced of its superiority and absolute authority call itself Decepticons?
    - Why would an incredibly powerful warrior convert himself into a nearly useless hand pistol?

And so on.

ph

7. Shotoman

Shotoman Well-Known Member

I would'a liked to see more about 'Transformers' and less about their other projects, but I can understand...it was an article about the writers, not the movie, after all...

8. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I like how the writers ask themselves tough questions and view their stories from both a fanboy and a general movie-goer perspective. From the looks of it we are in very capable hands with Kurtzman and Orci as far as the Transformers script is concerned.

I wish the "haters" of this movie, especially those who took it upon themselves to write deathreats to Michael Bay for raping their childhood, would have taken that same passion and used it by doing a little more research and asking themselves tough questions as to why certain decisions were made BEFORE they went off the deep end...but as Mr. Orci so eloquentally put it "inevitably you can’t please everybody.”

Great read. :) 

9. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Great read.

It's funny the bit about the next Trek movie poster. :D 

-airfox