New York Comic-Con

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Triggerhappy, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just realised I'm gonna be in NYC when NYCC is on, is it similar to SDCC with exclusive toys, panels and stuff? (not that I've been to SDCC, but that's a big deal!)

Recommended to go to? I have no idea!

Any past experiences please do tell.

Thanks!

2. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went last year and I loved it. Granted I live in NYC, but still. There's no comparison to SDCC in terms of size and scope, but they have panels. As far as I know, there are no exclusives. Or there were and I didn't care about them.

For me, I got autographs from Chris Claremont, George Perez, Marv Wolfman, Geoff Johns, Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Jerry Ordway, among others. And getting all those autographs in one weekend without waiting hours made it awesome for me.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's like SDCC, but this year it's going to be combined with AnmieFest, so ridiculous it's going to be freaking crowded.

So you probably won't get into panels unless you stand on line a hour beforehand. For panels like the IDW panel, that will be easy to get into. But better panels will have long lines.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Been going for two years now and hoping I can do it again this year.

There's something satisfying about going to the dealer room and picking up one of their Con exclusives, like the TMNT boxset in '08, or finding stuff you've been looking for forever....