New York Comic-Con 2017 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Live Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 5, 2017.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Wasn't Archer against the idea of beast toys and the idea of doing gimmicks like combiners and headmasters because he felt they were too hard though? I mean sure it could factor in the tech for those things not being ready to be done yet but still if there's one thing I'm not going fault Warden for it's that he managed to bring back characters and gimmicks that beforehand were only really possible to get through 3rd party.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right... I was ready to stop collecting mainline figures, but CW and TR (and POTP) pulled me back in..

• Like Like x 4
  3. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Then Warden did his job.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was just going to only buy MP figures, Optimus and Megatron figures, and Lost Light figures. When CW came out, I decided to "temporarily" extend to get that entire line. Then TR came out and I was going to stick to my guns... Until I got Chromedome and Brainstorm and Fort Max.. ohh.. ... and... next thing you know my kids get most of the Hasbro releases and I have most of the Legends releases.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I know that the convention is still 3 more days. But what are the chances of more stuff the next few days?

6. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    So are you guys, so it looks like we're at an impasse.

• Like Like x 4
  7. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

And Haskara are ever, ever so happy you did.

8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    This^^^ also.

Devastator Titan Class was the thing that brought me back into TF again after the clusterfuck that was some of the toys of AOE (and also the cancerous fandom of TFPrime), i didn't believed he got so much hate just because he wasn't a hercules or constructor.

And the UW is even better....

• Like Like x 1
  9. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thankfully they spent their time showcasing their top-selling line, instead of focusing on lines with diminishing returns! It's cool to hear the (childhood) background, that led to these overwhelmingly eagerly-awaited new toys being developed. All the good stuff in development now, you guys are so cool, it's awesome!

That being said :rolleyes:  yeah, there should've been something for the other lines. I get the lack of focus on the movie toys, with the bomb of a movie and the dwindling lifespan of the abbreviated toyline (the "promise" of "Just wait til HasCon!" should've been addressed, at least) but there should be something for whatever fans of the other lines there may be....
    And there should be some addressing whatever 'Movie The Best' line may entail. Obviously there's still something coming for the movie guys.

• Like Like x 1
  10. durroth

durroth Maximal

Titan Devs certainly has his flaws when you take each bot under individual consideration, but he's a pretty damned great combiner for the cost.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Volcanicus' shoulders are looking quite wide indeed, but I think his balanced crotch/thigh area manage to offset in enough for him to look natural (unlike Menasor, who in stock configuration had extra-wide hips that made his normal-width shoulders look even squatter).

12. SentaiTFMechaLover

SentaiTFMechaLover Well-Known Member

any 80's G1 voice actors there? because often times, voice actors or celebs who attend, are sometimes not listed on the website or program guide

13. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I like Volcanicus much better in color. I am liking Snarl as a leg bot, looks neat. The hands are fine but the feet are way too small in my opinion. I think Grimlock is the weakest link. Too lanky even with the filler hands bulking him up and l am not sold on how the shoulders look.......but l am sold on the Dinobots as a team. As a combiner? Well, let\'s say that\'ll be a feature used less often l feel. 

• Like Like x 2
  14. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

As always, I'm perplexed at how snipy threads get.

I love the G1 focus of Generations. Not only because it's what I grew up with, but they are updating often heinously disproportionate bricks. Not that other sections of the franchise didn't suffer from heinously disproportionate bricks (Armada), but from what I know, no other section was comprised almost exclusively of them.

That said, I'm entirely sympathetic to fans of the neglected sections that feel like nothing is for them. I didn't watch Beast Wars until I was 30, and I think it's utterly brilliant and really wanted Hasbro to update the remaining season one guys that got kinda crap basics. I was as excited for Waspinator, Rattrap, and Rhinox as I was for much of T30. Any unique characters from other sections that want to join the Generations shelf get open arms from me. I think it would be intellectually dishonest to say any section needs updates more than G1, but I get it.

As for the movie fans, I get that too. The downsizing and absurd choices that are being made with that series are staggering. Movies were a beast for the franchise, I enjoy the toys, and the team ignoring an obvious question about the line's future is pretty shitty. And I actually mostly hate the movies themselves.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  15. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the movies personally (I can appreciate them as blockbuster summer movies, but they're not 'my' Transformers, and that's ok), but I can appreciate others are & it's only fair we get enough for everyone to be happy, there's enough at the table to go round.

Saying that... The Bumblebee movie was recently put back about 6 months next year, I'd say there's a decent chance they've not got a load to show till next year as they've delayed the release of a lot of the movie figures to match.

Otherwise they'd be in stores a 'long' time before the movie, & I can't see businesses like Walmart, Paramount or Hasbro wanting them around before the movie and lingering.

Even a movie 'best of' line works best if there's an upcoming movie they can tie it to.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

Isn't this the truth.
    Either way, I am glad we live in an age where we at least have a few different lines with Generations, Masterpiece, Movie lines, Rescue Bots, and Robots in Disguise. There's literally no reason for any fan to be angry, although I do think more Beast Era inspired toys are in order. That's one thing I loved about the Thrilling 30 Generations line. Yeah, we got plenty of G1, but we also got a few Beast Wars, Armada, RiD, etc., even if it wasn't a huge amount.

17. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Sorry. As far as we are informed, this is it. No other reveals.

Of course Hasbro could surprise us but I highly doubt it. Keep your expectations low, brother. As in zero.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    So all I can hope for not is NYTF for Movie Edition?

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I could be wrong but I don't think that was Archer.

The guy who went to the gi joe team and recently left Hasbro, his name is Mark, I believe he is responsible for the G1 revival in a way with T30/CW/TR since he was the TF brand manager immediately before he moved to the Gijoe team.

Warden IIRC, was against beasts, not sure if he's the one that allegedly hated CR/RID and said we'd never see them again due to being too hard to transform.

With Warden I can see him being responsible for Titanmaster playstyle/integration since he had brought that element from gijoe to DOTM Cyberverse then to TR and now POTP.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I forgot about that, but yes, you are correct. Mark Weber is the one that hand the hand in bringing us T30/CW/TR. So much that they still brought him to BotCon even after he was on the Joe side of the house, since what he had a direct hand in was still coming out at that time.