New Year, New Workout Routine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Sinister, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Anyone here who works out, I got a question for y'all.

Currently, my job has me going in at 9:00 and leaving at 5:30, meaning I get home at 6. What I've been doing for a workout is waking up at 6 in the morning and going running for 30 minutes straight. Then I come home and lift for about an hour--nothing too hardcore, just a few exercises for each separate grouping per day(arms, shoulders, chest, back & abs, and legs in that order). Recently, though, getting up & doing all that is starting to wear me out. I've toyed with doing the same workout after I get home, but the problem is I work in the recieving area of a bookstore so I'm lifting & moving heavy boxes all day long, and when I get home I'm just so beat that I don't really put the effort into the workout. Which would be better for me in the long run--the early morning routine (lasts about 2 hours at the most) or the late night routine (usually 1-2 hours before I go to bed)?

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

you said it yourself work takes the pep out of your step so workout before going to work

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You don't need to spend two hours working out every day. You'll get burned out. Cut the lifting to 45 and run for 45. Do it in the morning if your job is physical. That's plenty.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you're lifting all day during you job I would probably cut out most of the weights stuff. Keep your running to the morning and maybe just do 10 - 20 minutes of lifting at night.