New xbox, old hard drive

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Dark Magnus, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Hey I just the MW2 360 but all my saves and downloads are on my old hard drive. What's the best way to transfer all my saves so I don't miss a beat?

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Should have come with a cable and a disc for the job, if not... find someone with one and borrow it.

3. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Use the Old HD for now, but your stuck with it that way till they release a new HD Transfer Kit that allows you to do a 100gig to 250gig(I think it was 250gig in the MW2 console). Unless they already released a new one, the current ones are only allowed up to 100gig transfer hd's.

4. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    The HD in my Halo 3 xbox is only 20 gig, does that matter?

What if I just get a memory unit and copy everything from my old hard drive to the unit to the new HD? Would that work?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Is the Modern Warfare 2 different in design from the traditional xbox? Aren't the HD's removable/swappable?

6. Savanna

They are swapable, but to do a full data transfer you need to purchase a kit.

Xbox.com | System Use - Xbox 360 Hard-Drive Transfer Kit

You can read about it there, but to get one you need to call there customer service and ask about them as they don't offer them on there site. If you do, make sure it will with with a MW2 HD before ordering though.

7. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I still am using the one from my first...

I'm on my 4th RROD shit. been 9 days of no XBOX now and craving the hell outta MW2

*twitch*

Got 2 rings now, (overheating-now matter how long it cools, 5 min, blank screen RROD which my warranty wont cover, :banghead:  so I am modding it, particularly the heat sink and a fan kit to prevent the inevitable overheating tomorrow with a friend who has done a few, and works as a game developer, member BigBadBoombox so, I'm in good hand's :) 

still nervous

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    oops, double post...microsoft must have heard me...nah, that wouldn't happen.

9. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

I don't think Microsoft is offering any for sale at the moment. My friend is getting a new system (elite) with a bigger HD. He called Microsoft and was told by CS that they don't offer those anymore. (Could be wrong, you know how CS is :p  )
    We figured out a solution and that is to find someone who already has one and just borrow it. :p 
    Not sure about the size restrictions for transfers though...

Chuck

10. Savanna

They should have em if you call, cause I got mine only a month ago when I upgraded to a Elite with the price change and a few weeks later ordered the kit. And if its like the Kit says, they are 1 time use items fyi.

11. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    As someone who has dealt with Microsoft's evil customer support, I will say this: hope you don't have anything to do for an hour.

Yes, I still hate their customer support, and I hope they burn in a fire.

12. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Find a friend that hasthe cable/kit and try that or do the memory unit thing. The 512 units are some what cheap. Transfer the game saves and GT that way, do a license transfer at xbox.com and redownload all DLC/Games. The license transfer will make it so your arcade games and dlc will work on the new box if it is not signed into Live.

If you plan on using both 360s I highly suggest the memory unit. Just keep your GT on it and you can take it back and forth with ease.

13. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    Yeah right now I have my halo 3 HD on my MW2 system. It's weird because even though I'm using my halo 3 HD, all my downloaded games are shown as game demos and my gamer pic packs aren't shown when I browse my files. Can I re-download them with the MW2 system or do I have to do that license swap business?

14. seven

You'll have to do the license transfer and redownload them for them to activate as full games while offline. If you sign in online they'll go back to being full games without having to do the license transfer. Its a some what archaic system but it keeps people from "trading" games and DLC.

15. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Eh, for me it really varies depending on who wind up talking to. Yeah, some of them are idiots, like the guy that assured me my account was cancelled(way back on the old Xbox, it was about to auto renew and I had no cash), and I wound getting auto renewed anyway and in trouble with my bank my debit card was from. Pretty much the reason I only buy time cards now, they ain't getting any debit or credit card info from me anymore.

Some are really nice and helpful. Like recently when my 360 RROD'd and I called them up. The lady I spoke to was nice and helpful, but at times I had to have her repeat herself, due to her Indian accent making her hard to understand at times.

That's pretty much my main gripe with their customer support, support personel being hard to understand sometimes, either because they talk too fast or have a thick accent, or both. You'd think for that kind of position they'd want to hire people that speak clearly. Apparently not.

16. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    Hmm,
    I need to have my xbox signed onto xboxlive and have my computer hooked up to the internet. This may be harder than first anticipated.

17. seven

Phone support can do a license transfer too.