New X-Com in the works!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Atomsplitter, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Being one of my favorite games (I wish I could say series, but some of them stunk) ever, this excites me to no end.

X-Com confirmed for 360/PC, Firaxis working on turn-based sequel? - News at GameSpot

An FPS, and possibly a new turned based? If either one of them turn out to be good i'll be in heaven. Preferably the turn based, but Fallout 3 showed how they don't have to stick 100% to their roots to make a great game.

2. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I would love a turn based tactical shooter with cutting edge graphics, I have spent more time playing xcom than probably any other game and it could definitely use a facelift.

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Cool! Really cool!

On a slighty different subject, does any remember the name of that X-Com Squad-Base FPS was called? The game was canceled and never came out but any happen to know the name?

4. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for the X-Com inspired game, Heavy Duty...

I haven't heard anything new about that game in YEARS.

5. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

X-Com Alliance.

There was a proper X-Com game being worked on at the time as well called Genesis, but that died at the same time as Alliance when Hasbro Interactive went tits up and was sold to Infogrammes.

6. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

I saw the E3 Gameplay footage for the new X-Com game. I was such a X-Com nerd back when it was UFO: Enemy Unknown on the Amiga CD32.

XCOM's E3 demo declassified | Joystiq

I really would love a HD remake of the original too. Looks like they've Made the gameplay like a FPS but with strategy and lite RPG elements. I am looking forward to this.