new WITH old

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sunnyswipe, Aug 18, 2008.

1. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    hi all, ive just been watching some of the videos on youtube that mix new footage with the original score of the 86 movie...and its amazing! im just interested in knowing if anyone else finds it interesting how music that affected your childhood that is mixed with new footage creates an entirely new experience?

for example-to me (and im not trying to belittle the 07 movie in any way)the fight between megatron+prime was like smashing 2 cars head-to-head, over and over untill one couldnt continue (abit like robot wars in the uk).
    but add in a heroic soundtrack and im cheering for the red car, im sorry if this has been posted before (which it probably has)its just something that got me thinking!
    cheers!

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    A link to one of the videos in question might have helped. I've not seen them.

3. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Yea, it does that to me to, to here it on some new stuff makes it that much more meaningful.
    you should look up some of Draven's work, where he used the final battle between Prime and Megs.

And totally off topic, take a look at this,

it gives me some insane chills when I watch it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  4. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
  5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Personally, I think the old music sounds pretty outdated and annoying over the new movie's footage.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah... I'm going to have to agree with Nevermore... it sounds rather forced and annoying over the new footage. Basically, Stan Bush's music sounds dated... like you're hanging out in the 80's while you listen to it... it's great for what it is, but to me it really only represents two characters... G1 Optimus and G1 Rodimus.

Draven's stuff otoh is a work of art... maybe it helps that everything he does doesn't come off like some guy who works out of his parents basement made it?

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    ok i shouldnt even be posting this, coz i didnt grow up on this movie and its music, and i got into transformers after the 2007 movie...and i actually liked the original movie, but i hated the music..i generally hate 80s music, and as its been mentioned above, its very dated and...quite horrible....i hate the touch...i dunno why its put on that scene :S but im glad guys who were kids at this time still lvoe it....im sure it means something

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

what does it for is watching optimus and megatron fight to the death i the 80's movie but with the background musi for the fight being either ground zero till all are one

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:

GOD! The ending to this, like the movie, always gives me the extreme chills.

10. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Yeah, new movie with the old music? No.

It doesn't just suck, it super sucks.

Nothing but love for the old, but the past is where it should stay.

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't want to see the whole 07 movie with the old sountrack ( even though I thought the clip was kinda cool ), but I would like to see the 86 movie with the new movie soundtrack. The "Sam at the lake" track could be used whenever we see Wheelie. :D