Heavy/Scratch: New "WIP"

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by griffith76, Feb 26, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

he's said before (I know, it's a huge thread) that he doesn't want to do that because he needs to make sure he has all of the tooling and materials worked out, so that everyone will actually get what they pay for.

2. The_Waspinator

The_Waspinator Well-Known Member

Ok, somewhat selfish request time. I've been exchanging emails with griffith76 for awhile now and unfortunately it seems like the molds that he made of the machined parts are wearing out after the casts that the has done so far. He's wanting to get feedback from the people he's made the latest ones for before he commits to any more, especially since he would probably have to remake the molds. Since I still want to get one of these kits for myself, I though I would ask everyone who's interested in buying one of these to please email him ( eric@monolithdesigns.com ) and show that there are people who still want them. If I'm not alone, we might be able to convince him to make more....

3. The_Waspinator

The_Waspinator Well-Known Member

Ok, somewhat selfish request time. I've been exchanging emails with griffith76 for awhile now and unfortunately it seems like the molds that he made of the machined parts are wearing out after the casts that the has done so far. He's wanting to get feedback from the people he's made the latest ones for before he commits to any more, especially since he would probably have to remake the molds. Since I still want to get one of these kits for myself, I though I would ask everyone who's interested in buying one of these to please email him ( eric@monolithdesigns.com ) and show that there are people who still want them. If I'm not alone, we might be able to convince him to make more....

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

believe you me I just emailed him :thumb 

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

believe you me I just emailed him :thumb 

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    It's really depressing me that in the last few months it's become readily apparent that I can't afford this anymore :( 

7. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    It's really depressing me that in the last few months it's become readily apparent that I can't afford this anymore :( 

8. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

I'm still interested for $200 or more, but I'm starting to doubt this will ever happen.

9. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

I'm still interested for $200 or more, but I'm starting to doubt this will ever happen.

10. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    i know i'm still interested

11. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    i know i'm still interested

12. griffith76

griffith76 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates. It's been a tough few months with work and other problems. I'm still making changes to the design coz after assembling a couple of the kits I have decided that the parts from this mold is not ready for sale as too much modification is required to get a figure that you can handle and transform reasonably easily without the worry of fragile parts breaking and there's so much friggin work to be made to the joints to keep them tight.

The molds have already worn out and I will be redesigning the joints and parts for a new mold, but I guess that would take some time. I'll be putting up a couple of completed sets for sale by email.

I'll keep you guys informed of the progress. And don't worry, I'll make it happen in time, and Megatron too after the bugs are all sorted out.

13. griffith76

griffith76 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates. It's been a tough few months with work and other problems. I'm still making changes to the design coz after assembling a couple of the kits I have decided that the parts from this mold is not ready for sale as too much modification is required to get a figure that you can handle and transform reasonably easily without the worry of fragile parts breaking and there's so much friggin work to be made to the joints to keep them tight.

The molds have already worn out and I will be redesigning the joints and parts for a new mold, but I guess that would take some time. I'll be putting up a couple of completed sets for sale by email.

I'll keep you guys informed of the progress. And don't worry, I'll make it happen in time, and Megatron too after the bugs are all sorted out.

14. yyh2046

yyh2046 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely interested in getting one of these awesome pieces!

15. yyh2046

yyh2046 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely interested in getting one of these awesome pieces!

16. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

Good to hear that this could still be in our futures. I'm anxiously awaiting the time when I can preorder!

17. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

Good to hear that this could still be in our futures. I'm anxiously awaiting the time when I can preorder!