Heavy/Scratch: New "WIP"

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by griffith76, Feb 26, 2007.

1. griffith76

griffith76 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's a zoomed in pic from the earlier one. I'll try take some close up shots when I get them into robot mode again.

[​IMG]

As for the colors I'll probably go with light grey for the red version and dark black for the black version. Mebbe it'll look nicer with another color instead of light grey for the red but to me, since its already paying homage to the G1 colors I might as well follow the trailer colors as well. Otherwise it's plain senseless to me having a train in these colors.

2. Ariannus

Ariannus Member

No the Prime sketches don't have any faction symbols.

Personally I'd say on the shoulder(s) as traditional for Prime, or maybe center chest like HoS Bumblebee. Personally I think I'd go with the shoulders.

Looking at the Bumblebee sketches, it seems his train mode has a modified, slightly blockier, Autobot logo with bolts. It seems to have been dropped in the actual comics though.

3. Ariannus

Ariannus Member

No the Prime sketches don't have any faction symbols.

Personally I'd say on the shoulder(s) as traditional for Prime, or maybe center chest like HoS Bumblebee. Personally I think I'd go with the shoulders.

Looking at the Bumblebee sketches, it seems his train mode has a modified, slightly blockier, Autobot logo with bolts. It seems to have been dropped in the actual comics though.

4. Ariannus

Ariannus Member

HoS Autobot Symbol

Here is my Hearts of Steel Autobot Symbol. If anybody is interested I made a Decpticon one too. If someone wants I'll post it, but I'm still kind of playing around with both of them.

[​IMG]

5. Ariannus

Ariannus Member

HoS Autobot Symbol

Here is my Hearts of Steel Autobot Symbol. If anybody is interested I made a Decpticon one too. If someone wants I'll post it, but I'm still kind of playing around with both of them.

[​IMG]

6. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Actually in the TPB there is a sketch with him having the Autobot symbol in the chest center ring.

7. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Actually in the TPB there is a sketch with him having the Autobot symbol in the chest center ring.

8. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

I like him with combination black and red pieces that someone did earlier in the thread.....and I think its kinda cool he doesnt have a faction symbol. He is a robot in disguise after all.

9. Big_Truk_Convoy

I like him with combination black and red pieces that someone did earlier in the thread.....and I think its kinda cool he doesnt have a faction symbol. He is a robot in disguise after all.

10. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The idea was to emphasize the disguise while still maintaining Optimus coloring in bot mode. It's how I plan on painting mine ;) 

11. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The idea was to emphasize the disguise while still maintaining Optimus coloring in bot mode. It's how I plan on painting mine ;) 

12. Ariannus

Ariannus Member

Yeah thats probably the sketch that inspired me to make the faction symbols. In the comic though he just has the standard symbol. I just remembered noticing the symbol on the design sketches I saw before HoS came out, and I decided to make faction symbols based on the idea. I might pick up a copy of the TPB to look at it.

13. Ariannus

Ariannus Member

Yeah thats probably the sketch that inspired me to make the faction symbols. In the comic though he just has the standard symbol. I just remembered noticing the symbol on the design sketches I saw before HoS came out, and I decided to make faction symbols based on the idea. I might pick up a copy of the TPB to look at it.

14. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

This is jaw-droppingly awesome! I'm thoroughly impressed. Hope you can get you're investment back, because I think you certainly deserve it!

15. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

This is jaw-droppingly awesome! I'm thoroughly impressed. Hope you can get you're investment back, because I think you certainly deserve it!

16. Big_Truk_Convoy

Ya thats the one and I totally agree.

17. Big_Truk_Convoy

Ya thats the one and I totally agree.

18. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Yeah man that is an awesom render of HOS Prime. I wonder how much the scaled down version is going to cost? That is after he gets it just right.

19. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Yeah man that is an awesom render of HOS Prime. I wonder how much the scaled down version is going to cost? That is after he gets it just right.

20. The_Waspinator

The_Waspinator Well-Known Member

Any chance that we could get an update on when the kits will be done?