Heavy/Scratch: New "WIP"

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by griffith76, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    nice

2. griffith76

griffith76 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep its modelled based on the concept art from HOS. Whether it will be kitted or not depends on how the parts n assembly turns out. In a few cases it will be too expensive and tedious to kit a design that has too many parts.

3. griffith76

News Credits:
    Yep its modelled based on the concept art from HOS. Whether it will be kitted or not depends on how the parts n assembly turns out. In a few cases it will be too expensive and tedious to kit a design that has too many parts.

4. Bantor

Bantor Active Member

that thing is awesome

5. Bantor

Bantor Active Member

that thing is awesome

6. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

It looks great in robot mode but it seems short, like its missing the cab, in alt mode, but still great.
    The rounded area above the wheels, reminds me of a paddle boat. Could this be a triple changer?

7. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

It looks great in robot mode but it seems short, like its missing the cab, in alt mode, but still great.
    The rounded area above the wheels, reminds me of a paddle boat. Could this be a triple changer?

8. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

so do you plan on making a whole team? or was this just an idea that came up?

9. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

so do you plan on making a whole team? or was this just an idea that came up?

10. griffith76

News Credits:
    These are the concept art pics from the comics for those who have not seen them yet. Yes, I did not include its "trailer" coz I don't know how it looks like transformed. Its a big decision for me to drop my handsculpting completely to learn design using the computer so I'll take it one step at a time as this is my first project. There are so many uncertainties before I started doing it. I've never modelled something so complicated before (I'm using Maya and was self taught). I may design the tailer to open up to a battle station or more likely, split into armor to enhance Prime like in Cybertron Prime, or just model a solid non-transforming cab. But that will depends on how the figure turns out when the machining is completed. Or I may just leave it as it is, incomplete, as this is more of a practice n test in my new processes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Probably only Megs to make up a pair. I still prefer G1s or the Joe designs. Like I mentioned earlier on this is a test project. I selected HOS Prime coz he's very simple in transformation and looked simple in the 2D art.

The design process is completely different but I got to learn alot from this project. It'll be much easier if I'm just gonna model it to look good on the screen but it's a completely new challenge to make all the parts fit, make sure they don't get in the way of one another, and most importantly, make sure that each individual part has no undercuts or else my machine will miss the details out or worse, miss out a functional portion required for fitting or transformation.

11. griffith76

News Credits:
    These are the concept art pics from the comics for those who have not seen them yet. Yes, I did not include its "trailer" coz I don't know how it looks like transformed. Its a big decision for me to drop my handsculpting completely to learn design using the computer so I'll take it one step at a time as this is my first project. There are so many uncertainties before I started doing it. I've never modelled something so complicated before (I'm using Maya and was self taught). I may design the tailer to open up to a battle station or more likely, split into armor to enhance Prime like in Cybertron Prime, or just model a solid non-transforming cab. But that will depends on how the figure turns out when the machining is completed. Or I may just leave it as it is, incomplete, as this is more of a practice n test in my new processes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Probably only Megs to make up a pair. I still prefer G1s or the Joe designs. Like I mentioned earlier on this is a test project. I selected HOS Prime coz he's very simple in transformation and looked simple in the 2D art.

The design process is completely different but I got to learn alot from this project. It'll be much easier if I'm just gonna model it to look good on the screen but it's a completely new challenge to make all the parts fit, make sure they don't get in the way of one another, and most importantly, make sure that each individual part has no undercuts or else my machine will miss the details out or worse, miss out a functional portion required for fitting or transformation.

12. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

O i see well keep up the great work, good luck and hope to see that Megs soon then =) and if we had to vote id say for the armor to enhance optimus prime and make him like a super mode perhaps turn into wings and such like c. optimus which you mentioned. Also what will Megatrons alt mode be?

13. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

O i see well keep up the great work, good luck and hope to see that Megs soon then =) and if we had to vote id say for the armor to enhance optimus prime and make him like a super mode perhaps turn into wings and such like c. optimus which you mentioned. Also what will Megatrons alt mode be?

14. griffith76

News Credits:
    Lobo has already made a kickass scratchbuilt on this. Check it out in transtopia...

[​IMG]

15. griffith76

News Credits:
    Lobo has already made a kickass scratchbuilt on this. Check it out in transtopia...

[​IMG]

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
  17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
  18. Whelpd

Whelpd Well-Known Member

Its got its own gallery on trantopia at tfmaster.com

19. Whelpd

Whelpd Well-Known Member

Its got its own gallery on trantopia at tfmaster.com

20. griffith76

News Credits:
    Finally found some time to do a little work on the rearranging of the parts. This is the right leg assembly. Hope things will move faster from here.

[​IMG]