Heavy/Scratch: new WIP: Huffer? truck...robot...thing..

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by I AM MEGATRON, Jul 10, 2009.

1. I AM MEGATRON

I AM MEGATRON pleasure model

Hey everyone, I started this figure probably a week ago, since I had one set of my wreckcrusher (lol) legs left (bonecrusher + wreckage legs) and wanted to use them. I actually have felt like giving up on this thing countless times, and am kinda just stuck with it now. I still have the legs to cover up with truck parts and have to figure out how to put a bed in. I did enjoy figureing out how to transofrm the top ab section and wheels into a nice fold up backpack though. It slides back, while lifting up the front half of the cab, and the cab can move on a hinge by itself. The wheels fold over them selves and back around after opening the fake truck floor, and sit right into the backpack and behind his arms.

Apart from the legs I also used a universe sideswipe waist (The ball joints fit perfectly. I also used the knee joints from the same figure for the shoulder joints. The shoulders and upper biceps come from a tftm blackout figure, and the lower bicep and forearm are from powerglide. I liked the forearms because they cam slide in and look kinda like smoke stacks.
    Also I gave him hip rotation along with making his entire torso from styrene.

Im still not sure on what head to use, you can see in the pics the difference on size scale with two different heads. As for scale, he's pretty big, about the height of tfa blurr in robot mode and classics op in alt mode.

Its far from done, and in fact Im feeling kinda unmotivated right now since Its been such a pain..although I do love transforming him.

I call him huffer because of the way the stack arms look, but Im not attached to the character or the name really.
    Any C&C is appreciated.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Looks cool, but I think the legs might be a little too skinny in comparison to the upper body.

3. I AM MEGATRON

thanks, yeah they'll be built up a bit once i feel like putting on the truck panels...just gonna call him ol' Skinnylegs McGufford til then.

4. kaindarkstar87

kaindarkstar87 Decepticon Outcast

Think if you traded out the arms it would look better. The legs actually don't look that bad, except for the claw/toe feet. Looks good otherwise! :thumb 

5. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

call him thunder clash. :D 

6. I AM MEGATRON

funny enough i thought about it..and with the new peices im making i think it probably suits it better

7. RyanUybengkee

RyanUybengkee Well-Known Member

Hey man! keep on doing what youre doing. There are times when we get unmotivated. let it go..then..after a while,,come back for it. You will realize that a time off is what you need sometimes to jack up some ideas. yes...it has happend countless time to me.

anyway, if you ask me, the legs are pretty good! the shell for a bed is what you need to add more beef to them. otherwise, its looking pretty good man!

the arms are pefect. exactly what id imagine huffer to be. just make it more "silvery" and cylindrical. thats pretty easy on your part.

other than that. youre doing a very good job dude! i've always wanted a huffer, but i could never figure out how to make him..but you did ;-)

two thumbs up already dude!!

rest..and come back for it!!

work when youre motivated, so it wont feel like a task.

youre on your way dude!

Ryan

8. I AM MEGATRON

Thanks so much man, lol I feel like working on it again after seeing this.

I want to try on the voyager prime legs just for size comparisons....but im out of town :( 

9. I AM MEGATRON

Update 08/06/09: updated pic on first post

Im kinda leaning away from this being Huffer now..But Im not sure who it should be...any ideas?

I added side panels to his legs, and plan to have the truck bed and lower side panels wrap around his legs to bulk them up (as you can see on the left leg, which is just a paper mock up for now). I gave him a head from the universe Blades figure..cutting the 'ears' down and took his face off to make a face plate. I also put in a ball joint so he has head articulation.
    I filled in his chest and shoulder areas, and am trying to figure out now how to finish up the rest of the bed.. You can see his size compared to a figure we all probably have by now.. I forgot to take a pic of the alt mode..but I'll add one on the next update..He's far from finished..and any c&c is welcomed...
    thanks

Attached Files: